Vibe Machine

Hey guys! I tried the vibe machine for the first time today and got an unlimited package for one month. Apparently people tone up quick. Madonna, Gwen Stefani, models, professional sports teams, etc, use them too. My aunt told me about it and has lost INCHES off her body and looks fantastic. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with them?? I'm pretty excited to see how it works out for me in combination with clean eating and p90x. They also have infrared saunas which burn 600 calories for 30 minutes. Seems a little excessive to me but I havent tried that one yet.

Thoughts? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• amycool
    amycool Posts: 57 Member
    I see those machines inside hair salons round where I live, I've been thinking of giving it a try, can't hurt! Let me know how you like it :-)
  • Hi! I am using on called ' flabelos' supposedly using it for 10 mins equates to an hours work out... Iv been using it for 20 minute session 3 times a week and honestly I think it's helping me as Iv had good losses every week even when Iv slipped up with junk food, and Iv definitely lost inches from my thighs and waist... Only trouble is I don't know how to log it on here.
  • To be honest I don't think those machines make much difference. I was advised they are the equivlent to an after workout massage. Which will of course work wonders for your muscles and make recovery much faster, therefore getting more exercise.As for helping with weightloss I think it is real exercise that works. Not standing on a vibrating plate
  • amycool - i'll definitely keep posted how it works out for me! cant hurt :P

FatNurseSlim - thats great! congrats! I hope to see such results :)

lisswin - I think its a really great addition to diet and exercise. If you just do that, I guess you probably won't see much results unless you're already pretty health conscious. Thats why a lot of athletes use them. It helps ! It's a newer concept but I'm definitely a believer!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I'd sure like to see the science behind it, sounds like 21st century snake oil to me. Do you really believe that you can burn 600 calories in half an hour without lifting a finger?

PT Barnum was right.......
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Sounds like those vibrators are a good way to work up a sweat.

I'm gonna have to google it and see for myself.
  • I'd sure like to see the science behind it, sounds like 21st century snake oil to me. Do you really believe that you can burn 600 calories in half an hour without lifting a finger?

PT Barnum was right.......

Exactly my thought
  • ive used them quite a bit. you have to actually stretch your muscles . but you can really feel the burn. i feel alot more toned xx
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    I am led to believe that the Russians created them for when the Cosmonauts came back from space & with the lowered bone density couldn't engage in traditional weight bearing exercises.

I have tried them in the past & think they are an amazing accompaniment to a rounded exercise routine & even on their own should be great for fast twitch & stabiliser muscles :) Enjoy.

Russ
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    They also have infrared saunas which burn 600 calories for 30 minutes.
    :

wouldnt it be nice if this was true? I know it isnt true for a regular sauna, but I am not sure about infrared. Seems wrong though.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    I got it Kiwi
  • IronSmasher
    I saw a program where they zapped people with 'lasers' or infra-red or something to 'mobalise' the fat. The client then had to be taken through a vigorous workout while the fat was still free and could be burnt off.

A nice way to charge four figures for a beasting session.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    ....people....
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    They also have infrared saunas which burn 600 calories for 30 minutes.
    :

wouldnt it be nice if this was true? I know it isnt true for a regular sauna, but I am not sure about infrared. Seems wrong though.
    It's 200 calories in 60 minutes... and they are great for relaxing in. Not so much for actual fat loss.

a nice walk will burn 200 calories in 60 minutes...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    You know what else is great for losing a ton of weight? Having a baby! Seriously guys, I dropped at least 10 pounds in one day!

Lol.
  • IronSmasher
    You know what else is great for losing a ton of weight? Having a baby! Seriously guys, I dropped at least 10 pounds in one day!

Lol.

WTG losing the baby weight!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    There is one at the gym I belong to... I'm guessing it's the same as what you are talking about. However, the background that I have heard about these - is that it's used to help with muscle recovery and flexibility... it doesn't take the place of exercise, but is a supplement to it.

Strict rules on the one where I am at... have to complete a health questionaire and use it with a personal trainer. There are lots of contra-indications for use.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    My vibrator burns a lot of calories too.... Oh wait, this isn't what we are talking about? Nevermind.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member

Lol.

WTG losing the baby weight!

Thanks! I was really lucky this time around and only gained 15 pounds total, so it wasn't that difficult. And thanks to breastfeeding I've already lost another 15. I've still got 30ish pounds until I reach my goal. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so that I can get outside for some exercise!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    *** Endorsements Don't Guarantee Reliability ***

...in fact, most guarantee quackery.