Retaining weight- LADIES!

Options
Do you seem to retain any weight/ lbs on the scales when it's 'that time of the month'? I've got a weigh in tomorrow but if I gain/ retain is it down to the fact that I've just come on or is it just that my bodies' just not in the mood for losing this week?

Replies

• 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Ya, happens to me everytime I get weighed at curves! I have started drinking more water though to try to get rid of my water..sounds funny but think it is actually working..LOL
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Yeah if i don't drink at least 2L water per day i retain water... so i have to chug like anything or else i'll go up and up everyday!
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yeah, especially in my first 3-4 days. Sometimes the scale shows up to a "gain' of 3 lbs even though I know it's just loads of water.
  • ohmywonwon
    Options
    It's very common to gain a few pounds when it's that time of the month. Don't panic, wait till it's over and see if your weight changes then.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    a few ppl i know have been saying to take midol for bloating, i am really considering it
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Drink more water I never gain during TOM or before or after I drink 6-8 liters of water a day...not to say u have to drink that much but go over 64 oz a day;)
  • skinnygirlhiding1
    skinnygirlhiding1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm having this same problem. My weigh in is also tomorrow & as of yesterday I was up 3 lbs. Ugh! I don't mind if I don't lose anything for a week, but to have a gain has me totally freaked out. So depressing!!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If you drink a lot of water during your T.O.M it should help a lot with water retention. Normally during T.O.M I would gain a ton and feel horrible. But ever since starting to lose weight, and eat healthier it has improved quite a bit... Last T.O.M I even managed to lose 2 lbs! :smile:
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    you have to remember your cells travel with fluid. So when your body is feeling deficient in fluid you will notice you are retaining it more so that the body can do what its suppose to do. TOM causes alot of fluid to head to the female organs for displacement/sloughing, so your body will automatically retain to make up the differences. As with working out, in order for muscles to heal they have to have additional fluid. So if you worked out one night you will notice a probable maintiance or gain the next day..
    good luck....
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow! I never knew how the whole water retention thing worked... it all makes sense now :) Thank you! I don;t think I could take a gain on the scales though :s