Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Brand new and excited!

Hi everyone!!:happy:

I joined a couple of sites like this before but never kept up with them. I'm really bad at starting something and then not completing it, but I'm ready to change that. This site looks like a lot of fun and the community board was a huge plus for me. No one likes dieting alone so I hope to get to know a lot of you in the future!

A little about me: I'm 26 and engaged to be married. We haven't set a date because of financial issues and because we both want to be in shape. My fiance isn't as enthused about dieting and working out as much as I am, but we made it to day 1 and completed it, so that's a big step for us! We work nights so finding the time and energy to be healthy seemed impossible. I finally put the excuses aside and now we're on the right track. My weight right now is 155 and I'm about 5'7". My goal weight is around the 125-130 range I think but I've never weighed that little so I'm just going to take it one step at a time and see how I feel in my skin later down the line. My fiance and I are really into P90x so we're re-doing that (didn't complete it last time but it definitely worked!) and making sure we go for a run in the morning beforehand. It's intense but I've never gotten results like I do when I do P90x.

I'm happy that day 1 is over and I'm really excited to keep this going. If anyone needs any support or a good friend, just drop me a message :)

-Beckie

Replies

• ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 779 Member
    welcome girl! im 24 years old and married for 3 years. i am only 5'1 and i weigh 158lbs. my goal is to be 125lbs or lesser. i need a support group who can inspire me to continue the healthy diet and work out. feel free to add me as a friend. ;))
  • hi!! welcome to mfp! I'm 5'6 and got another 25lbs to lose.. i'm a barmaid and work different hours all the time, making it awkward to eat properly some days, especially being surrounded by bar snacks! but i've found using this site has helped so much! feel free to add me if you want extra friends!
  • Welcome to MFP! Use the forums as much as you can. They contain a wealth of invaluable information and support.
  • davidep21
    davidep21 Posts: 52 Member
    Let your huband know that what you two are doing isn't dieting. Let him know that what you two are actually doing is deciding to eat healthier (TOGETHER). If you two follow a good workout regiment and healthy eating habits you two will meet both your goals...Keep thinking healthy