i want to get this right

Options
Ok. So my daily goal is 1320. I've done 688 in exercising today. I've already eaten 1032 calories. Currently it shows 976 calories remaining. Net= 344 right now. How should i go about what I eat for the rest of the day? Eat all? Eat half? please help!

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It'll be different for everyone. Personally, I'm on a good track eating back all of my calories. I aim to be as close to my goal as possible each day. Others do just as well eating half back, and some don't eat any back at all (though I'd really recommend eating quite a few back as a daily goal of 1320 is still very low, and you don't want to be in a big deficit for long).
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    It'll be different for everyone. Personally, I'm on a good track eating back all of my calories. I aim to be as close to my goal as possible each day. Others do just as well eating half back, and some don't eat any back at all (though I'd really recommend eating quite a few back as a daily goal of 1320 is still very low, and you don't want to be in a big deficit for long).

Ok thank you. You say that u try to aim close to your goal as possible. so if my goal is 1320 than that'd mean I'd only really have about 344 calories remaining for the day right?
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Ok thank you. You say that u try to aim close to your goal as possible. so if my goal is 1320 than that'd mean I'd only really have about 344 calories remaining for the day right?

If you've eaten 1032, then burned off 688 to have a net of 344, the way I do it would be to aim to eat another 976 calories, or thereabouts, to get back up to goal.

Obviously that would be difficult if you only had a few hours left in the day. I burn about 600 calories at most during a day, but I know in advance I'm going to do it so I'm snacking throughout the day to make up the calories I burn.
  • quinto1025
    quinto1025 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? Lose weight, maintain weight?
  • sunshineshica
    Options

If you've eaten 1032, then burned off 688 to have a net of 344, the way I do it would be to aim to eat another 976 calories, or thereabouts, to get back up to goal.

Obviously that would be difficult if you only had a few hours left in the day. I burn about 600 calories at most during a day, but I know in advance I'm going to do it so I'm snacking throughout the day to make up the calories I burn.

ok got it thanks again
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    What are your goals? Lose weight, maintain weight?

im trying to lose weight
  • schavarry
    Options
    I typically exercise, then put the calories/time in my exercise notes and wait until dinner time to add it into the actual diary. My daily goal is 1570 - with my exercise put in I try my best to keep the calories at 1200+. I hope that helps / makes sense!