Big Butt Problem

Options
First of all, I hope everyone is well. I am sort of freaking out here was hoping for some encouragement or advice.
For 3 years I've sat at a desk all day at my job and my butt and thigh size has tripled. I'm only in my twenties and yes I didn't exercise or eat well.
Now I am out of a job at the moment and going to school. I still sit all day but I diet and exercise about 1 and half hours a day. Its been a few months since I started doing this and there has been some improvement thankfully, but it has stopped.
I will try and change things up but what I want to know is, is it possible to get my butt back the way it was if I just keep going at it? Is it not enough that I exercise and diet? I hope to find a job where I'm standing...
I know it took years to get the way it was and I can't expect it back right away but its been a few months but I'm getting scared.

Replies

• green_tea
    green_tea Posts: 10
    Options
    First of all, I hope everyone is well. I am sort of freaking out here was hoping for some encouragement or advice.
    For 3 years I've sat at a desk all day at my job and my butt and thigh size has tripled. I'm only in my twenties and yes I didn't exercise or eat well.
    Now I am out of a job at the moment and going to school. I still sit all day but I diet and exercise about 1 and half hours a day. Its been a few months since I started doing this and there has been some improvement thankfully, but it has stopped.
    I will try and change things up but what I want to know is, is it possible to get my butt back the way it was if I just keep going at it? Is it not enough that I exercise and diet? I hope to find a job where I'm standing...
    I know it took years to get the way it was and I can't expect it back right away but its been a few months but I'm getting scared.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    The more overall fat I lose and muscle I gain my hips are going away and my butts looking back to what it did YEARS ago. Keep toning and losing fat - you may not be the same but you'll have a firm happy healthy rump to sit on!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    squats ,cardio,walking ,strength training....you may never have a super firm rump but you can always pass some to me I need more ..lol..keep pushing along even if your tush doesnt cooperate at least it will shrink some and you will be on the right track to staying fit....the only choice is keep going if u stop due to lack of results u will never know...:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    squats ,cardio,walking ,strength training....you may never have a super firm rump but you can always pass some to me I need more ..lol..keep pushing along even if your tush doesnt cooperate at least it will shrink some and you will be on the right track to staying fit....the only choice is keep going if u stop due to lack of results u will never know...:flowerforyou:
    Ditto that I need some more tushie instead of gut lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I feel ya on that one, girl! I have always had a plump rump and "child bearing hips" :grumble:

I asked for some advice on here a while back about toning my butt and thighs and a lot of ppl suggested running. I've been working at running more and every time I do I love the next day when I can feel where my hips and thigs are sore. I also do a lot of walking lunges with dumbells. I haven't worked up the nerve to try squats in the gym though, I definitely should! :blushing: