tap, distilled, filtered, bottled?

Options
124»

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    bottled, and non-filtered tap from my house, and water fountain water from some public spaces, we have good water or at least I am use to it, lol

OH and one time I went to Kansas and had some VOSS water:love::love: :love: :love: , lol
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Filtered. I really don't like the look of tap water, with limestone (which is what we have where I live in some places) that gets through the line sometimes. I just use the fridge filtered water. But tap water is good sometimes when you need the nutrients it can give. Our tap water doesn't give us fluoride.

Our school's water, when you use the water fountain and use it to fill up a bottle, the water is like watered down man juice. I can't believe I just said that.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Bottled :bigsmile:
  • spaceys
    Options
    I try to avoid tap water as it has estrogen in it( from birth control pills ) since filtration process doesnt filter it out.

Really? That might explain why my testosterone is so low! lol

As this thread was going I went out and bought this at Target

http://www.amazon.com/ZeroWater-ZD-023-23-Cup-Dispenser-Filtration/dp/B003QXM3U8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330224089&sr=8-1

Hope it's better than the tap.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've got the brita filter on my sink, it has saved me SOOOO much money! and my animals love it, Floride is very dangerous for them =(

I refuse to drink tap water cause of the floride

Brita filters (or any charcoal filter for that matter) does not remove flouride.

according to it's box it does, and so I have read from other places
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Filtered. I have been raised on filtered water and it is the only kind I really love.

I have the New Wave Enviro water filter available at Whole Foods. I love it.

http://www.newwaveenviro.com/premium-10-stage-water-filter-p-86.html?zenid=2be44baf0afafd873fc16b0f6cf70823

Water filtered through Brita or Filtrete is just not the same. Yuck!
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Filtered and bottled here and at work...... tap water doesn't taste so great around here.
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I dont particularly like water, and can only drink it cold. So, I half fill a bottle with tap water, freeze it, then when I take it out the freezer I fill it with tap. This keeps it nice and cold, great for gym.
    I buy one bottle of water every week or so, just to keep getting a fresh bottle for carrying around.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand water out of the tap! Our water here is disgusting! I have one of those Britta filter jugs things. =) It super awsome and can defo tell the difference! Soo much nicer! The only pain with it, is that i have to fill it up like everyday! :laugh:

And when im out, ill only have bottled water. When i go to a cafe and i have water ill buy a bottle from the fridge, instead of asking for a free glass of water from their taps :)
  • joannea1988
    Options
    tap , bottles when i go the gym for convienience.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    Filtered water all the time, use a brita pitcher, if I'm at friends houses and don't have a bottle of water in my bag or they don't have a water filter I'll drink tap water, don't trust bottled water since the amount of time it spends in storage with rats/mice crawling over it (I know for a fact mice pee non stop, not sure about rats since I've never owned any so not done any research), I'll drink bottles water out a glass/using a straw, but anything bottled I won't drink straight from the bottle because of that.
  • dextertroy
    dextertroy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tap for me. Scotland has great tap water.
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options
    I've got the brita filter on my sink, it has saved me SOOOO much money! and my animals love it, Floride is very dangerous for them =(

I refuse to drink tap water cause of the floride

Brita filters (or any charcoal filter for that matter) does not remove flouride.

according to it's box it does, and so I have read from other places

Sorry. Nope. Not even a little. Reread the box or even go and visit their website. It's one of their FAQ.
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have a Brita jug but otherwise glass bottled water. Our tap water is good enough but I like the extra option to filter first! :wink: