lots of questions

Options
Hi,

I started in December at 125 pounds (only 5 foot) and am now 98 pounds. I did 1200 cal plus 1 hour of walking per day and have never given myself calories back. No starvation mode or plateaus here. Gradually lost each week.

I was just wondering for those in maintenance mode a couple things:
...what would a good maintenance calorie number be? I have been playing around with this for weeks....
....do you worry a lot about going over and putting pounds back on after how hard you worked...I do.
.....does anyone go over on carbs alot even though they have lost the weight they wanted to. I am typically over on carbs because I love fruit and cereals and work hard at getting veggies. I am not a cheese, soy, nut lover but do eat eggs and other dairy products. For instance today it is only 2:00 and I have 8 carbs left, now what am I supposed to do for dinner with that number....eggs and nuts??? haha!
.......does anyone think about food all the time and can't wait until their next meal...I do..
....do you ever get "used" to watching everything you put in your mouth? Because I am still waiting.
Goal accomplished, but still hungry and waiting to eat.

Replies

• iluvbread
    iluvbread Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi,

I started in December at 125 pounds (only 5 foot) and am now 98 pounds. I did 1200 cal plus 1 hour of walking per day and have never given myself calories back. No starvation mode or plateaus here. Gradually lost each week.

I was just wondering for those in maintenance mode a couple things:
    ...what would a good maintenance calorie number be? I have been playing around with this for weeks....
    ....do you worry a lot about going over and putting pounds back on after how hard you worked...I do.
    .....does anyone go over on carbs alot even though they have lost the weight they wanted to. I am typically over on carbs because I love fruit and cereals and work hard at getting veggies. I am not a cheese, soy, nut lover but do eat eggs and other dairy products. For instance today it is only 2:00 and I have 8 carbs left, now what am I supposed to do for dinner with that number....eggs and nuts??? haha!
    .......does anyone think about food all the time and can't wait until their next meal...I do..
    ....do you ever get "used" to watching everything you put in your mouth? Because I am still waiting.
    Goal accomplished, but still hungry and waiting to eat.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I just want to say congrats and wtg what an inspiration..its nice to see someone around my ultimate goal weight hehe:flowerforyou:
  • IUChelle423
    IUChelle423 Posts: 197
    Options
    The calories I calculated for you to maintain 98 pounds are 1226 (based on sex, age, weight & height) - WITHOUT any exercise. The calculator is here if you'd like to play around with it:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

With exercise everday, this calculator puts you at 1673, but you would probably be better off starting with your maint. calories and then add your exercise calories.

And I'm on 1200 calories, too and I think about food a lot almost constantly (hungry or not, seems like).
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    When I went to that site, it said for extreme weight loss, I should take in 1720 calories a day. Here on MFP, it suggests my goal is 1390! That's quite a difference!