Feeling sad

Options
I know this is sort of off topic a bit, but I just want to get this off my chest. I was raised a Jehovah's Witness and left when I was 22. I only had a few close friends, but we were very close, and if you know anything about JW's they shun anyone who has left the cult. So my few very close friends have shunned me for the past three years, and I have made a few acquaintances in those three years but no one that I have become semi close to. I'm quite shy and not very out going, but I do put out an effort to make friends. I miss hanging out with true friends, I miss having insanely long text conversations, I miss the close friendships. And all this loneliness of course leads to emotional eating. Ok, that's it, that's my pity party and I just wanted to get that off my chest, it does feel better to verbalize it.

Replies

• RodgersGirl12
    Options
    i hope this doesnt sound nosey but i know exactly how you feel about the emotional eating and stuff, and it always feels good to get stuff off your chest! :)
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You will find many friends here like me! Any organized religion that shuns others is no place to be on my opinion. Everyone's spiritual journey is their own. Add me and I am sure many others here as your friends whenever you wish. We will be here for you...WITHOUT JUDGEMENT!
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • Paxnyokes
    Paxnyokes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    They don't sound like true friends to me. There are several opportunities to make new friends like the gym, school, etc. Just be patient. You have us.