Shoes

Options
What is a good multi purpose shoe for aerobics and kickboxing?

Replies

• dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    anyone? thoughts? what shoes do u use?
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Go with crosstrainers over running shoes for these activities. You'll be turning and sliding frequently, and running shoes have too much tread to accommodate. Too much tread also makes it tough to skip rope, which you may do or mimic during this kind of class.

Crosstrainers are built for side to side motion while running shoes are built for forward motion....
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I wear asics to work out in. I'm trying to start running and they get really good reviews and have a range of prices and styles. I also work at a shoe store part time and we also recommend saucany (sp), I've been told marathon runners really like them.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Go with crosstrainers over running shoes for these activities. You'll be turning and sliding frequently, and running shoes have too much tread to accommodate. Too much tread also makes it tough to skip rope, which you may do or mimic during this kind of class.

Crosstrainers are built for side to side motion while running shoes are built for forward motion....

You have to look at the tread. Some running shoes have more tread for outdoor/trail running and some have less for general "road" running and some are more meant for indoor/treadmill running.

But, you might stay away from rebook reflex for cross training but if you like the minalist thing they are good so are some asics and Adidas.
  • Krisgren
    Options
    I'm a NIKE girl through and through, I used to cheap out and I've also tried a lot of different brands but I've found that investing in a good solid runner makes a world of difference and is a great motivator. Anyways, NIKE works for me and I find going into a good store and asking for help from someone qualified makes a difference too. JMO good luck!!!