5'7" Ladies, What is A Good Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'75 and my highest weight was 165 lbs (2 years ago)

Currently I'm at 147.7 lbs but I still want to drop to 138 -140 lbs

I know that at least with 140 lbs I look good and not too thin.
    But I guess it will always depend on you, if you're toned or not, your frame size (mine is kinda large and I have large hips + bulked legs) so you should set yourself a medium term goal and work for it and then, if you think you could still loose a couple of lbs just go for it...
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and at a healthy and VERY fit weight, I was 145. I did get down to 125 at one point, but I looked anorexic.
  • dkk1953
    Options
    Due to age, I'm now 5'7" (always measured 5'8 1/2" when I was younger). My heaviest weight was 214

My doctor gave me a weight loss # of 180 - that is my current WW goal for lifetime weight. Now I"m just over 200# and my goal for myself is 175. If I see that number on the scale I know I'll be healthier, thinner, and at a good weight for me (I'm 58 years old)

What was ok in my younger years is different in my older years. I think its also good to remember that the number on the scale is JUST A NUMBER. How you feel in your clothing as well as how healthy you are at a lower weight are important factors as well.
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for a life long maintenance of 140, after bulk/cut cycles. :D
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    im 5'6 and my highest was 160. now im at 143 and my goal is 125 but i want to put a lot of muscle on as well so it will probably be a lot more than that. just lead by measurements.
  • DorothyR87
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 202 now. In high school I was usually a size 8 and around 150 but my senior year I dropped down to a size 6 (140 lbs). My goal now is to be around 150. Once I reach that point if I feel I should go lower I will. I have 2 little sisters that are both 5'7" as well and they weigh around 130 and I think they look too thin.
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 220. My first goal is 160, but I think ultimately I'd like to get to 140. Any smaller I think I'd look sickly, large frame here too!
  • Volleyballgal
    Volleyballgal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm 6' tall. The heaviest I have weighed at this height was 250 pounds. The least amount I've weighed when I was about 5'10" or 5'11" in high school was 135 (WAY TOO SKINNY). According to a nutritionist I was consulting with an the BMI chart for my frame (large), the highest amount I should weigh is 170-ish. I will be doing the happy dance when I get to 170. I'd love to take it down to 160-165 (still healthy for my height and frame) just so I have a few pounds to play with. Currenly, I'm bouncing around in the 190-195 range and my friends who saw me thickerer are saying I look great now compared to where I've been, but I'd go off the BMI chart as a good place to start.
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much. Your comments have really helped my weight loss goals. I am happy now with my 145-155 lb. goal. I'll see how I feel when I get there.
  • scooknook
    Options
    Hiya I am 5ft 7in tall and weigh 258 at the moment and I would like to get down to approx 168lb..... When I get to 168lb or at a higher rate it will be whatever I feel and how I look.....I will decide and I think that would probably work better for you too. Mail me if you want to chat more. We seem to have the same targets. Happy Days :smile:
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy at 145, but am eyeing 135. It'll depend on what i feel like when i get close...
    smallest i ever was was 125ish, but i doubt i'd ever hold it these days...
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I am 5'7" and weight around 211. My heaviest was 223, and my first goal is to get to 160. I used to hover around 167 when I was in high school, but I haven't been lower than that for many years. I have talked with my husband about what a healthy goal weight is for me, and we always disagree.

We both agree that frame size should be a factor, and I would say I have a large frame, so based off of that and online weight calculators I want to be between 145-155. However, he thinks that is way too low for me, and I just don't think that is the case. I know he is worried about me becoming "skinny" as opposed to "fit" and believe me, I do not want to be unhealthy at a large size or a small size.

What do you ladies think? Those who are also trying to lose weight, and those that have reached your goal. What is reasonable?

Guys, you can answer as well, though of course your goals will most likely be different.

Is that a current picture?? Because if it is you carry your weight very well!! I think 145 is a great goal for your height and frame but what you can do is set multiple goals like 160 is your first then 155 2nd 150, 145 etc and maybe you find your happy at 160, or whatever definitely go by how you feel :)

Thank you. That picture was taken on my Honeymoon in July 2011. I was probably just under 220 there. I've been told I carry my weight well, but I have a hard time believing that. I see every problem spot. It might be because I have an hourglass figure, even though it's kind of an expanded hourglass. :-P
  • scooknook
    Options
    Hiya my name is scooknook and I'm a newbe where are you? I'm in the UK :flowerforyou:
    I have posted you a long message read it and see what you think Scooknook :wink:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'7" and currently at my goal weight of 145. I have a medium frame, am pear shaped, and currently wear size 6/8 (US) bottoms. I chose 145 randomly but decided I like it here! My profile pic is me at 147- 2 pounds from goal weight.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 45 years old. My goal weight/current weight is 140. It's a good weight for me. I wear size 6 in most things, but some 4's depending on the brand.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" I go between 140-150 lbs. Presently, at 145, I'm slim and plenty fit/strong as well.
  • emmiee921
    Options
    135. :)
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Im 5 '7, my muscle, bones all weight 139. I dont want to go lower than that. I say I would look good at 160. Just trying to get there is an huge accompliment right now.
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    Thank you. That picture was taken on my Honeymoon in July 2011. I was probably just under 220 there. I've been told I carry my weight well, but I have a hard time believing that. I see every problem spot. It might be because I have an hourglass figure, even though it's kind of an expanded hourglass. :-P

I know how you feel. The hourglass shape is awesome when you're skinny, but a pain when you're overweight. I can't even wear shapewear or spanx because all it does is bunch at the narrow part of my waist.
  • polarbecca
    polarbecca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" I know the healthy weight for this size is generally
    between 120-159lbs (19-25 BMI-Healthy weight range)

<120 = Underweight
    >159 = Overweight

I was happiest at a weight range from 128-144 I think a goal of 130 is attainable