New to MFP and would like some feedback

Options
Hello all,
I am just wondering if anyone would like to help me out by looking at my food and exercise journal and telling me if I am doing this right. I am currently walking on my home elliptical, and doing p90x lean program. I am looking to lose about 15 pounds (the dreaded last 15). My first few days I realized that I was under eating. I would love information on how to help my nutrition to make it more balanced...I am heavy on sugars and protein...

Thanks in advance!

Kattie

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    haven't looked at your diary - but MFP ratio is not great. you can go in to the goals section an change it to 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat - your page will look a bit better then - i have no red negatives at the bottom of the columns since making this change.
  • sweetkattie
    Options
    Thanks, I did not realize I could change that :)
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I agree on changing the ratios. Also, if you just focus on the carb/fat/protein you don't need to worry about sugar.

If you do want to worry about sugar, change the goal to maybe 100g and just make sure that you don't regularly get more than 40g from refined sugars (so it's perfectly okay if it is from fruit/veggies/*unsweetened* dairy products).