A letter to you: Daily reminder

Options
Dear Friend, Enemy, Stranger:

Today, I logged into MFP only to find that you were having a tough time. Today just wasn't your day, and you felt the world crushing down on you as you contemplated weight loss suicide. You were either stressed out from work, school, home, depressed for your own personal reasons, or just felt like it wasn't worth it to keep up the work you've done so far.

Today, my heart was broken by the cries of frustration, the burdens that you carry too much to bear. You wanted to give up, losing sight of your end goal as it slipped away.

Today, you believed you would never lose the weight.

To the person this letter addresses, I want you to know that, when the whole world stands against you, I promise to stand by you. I promise to pull you over that ledge on the difficult climb to success. I promise my unconditional love, support, and friendship through your tough times, and through your best times. I promise that if you call, I will answer. And when you've lost faith in yourself, I'll be there, covering for you, and letting you know I still have faith in you.

My friend, enemy, or stranger, you are not alone, for I am by your side, no matter what.

Sincerely,
Me.

This letter goes out to anyone who is having a hard time in their weight loss and needs motivation or support to continue on. If you ever need words of encouragement, feel free to drop me a message. I'm here for you, always, whether I know you or not.

Replies

• dorwozney
    Options
    thank you!:smile:
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This was another amazing post! You are such a great motivator!
  • Rroggiero427
    Options
    Thanks....you too!
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thank you! We all have days like that and it is nice to have a place to come where we all understand and encourage one another!
  • Anatron72
    Options
    I logged on today looking for a bit of motivation, and thanks to your post I've found some! Thank you :-)
  • heartbeat84
    Options
    Thank you. You are amazing. We are so lucky to have you here with us. love you much. Don't forget, we are here for you as well.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Awe, that's wonderful :)
  • brich11280
    Options
    Awww man!!! Thanks!!! Can you re-post this like every week just so the people that do struggle can get a pick-me-up?? Imma copy and paste this post so I can print it out and tape it on my refrigerator, mirror, and work desk

:smile:
  • charneus
    Options
    Awww man!!! Thanks!!! Can you re-post this like every week just so the people that do struggle can get a pick-me-up?? Imma copy and paste this post so I can print it out and tape it on my refrigerator, mirror, and work desk

:smile:

Hehe, I may try bumping it every week instead. ;) Every word in that is true, though. I'm here, even when it seems no one else is. :)
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind I took a screen shot of this on my iPhone so I can read later.
  • divamimi09
    divamimi09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I've drifted a bit but am on my way on track! :-)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    wow thank you. so much going on in my life right now that it has been hard to focus. i really needed this today. will def be adding you!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :wink:
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    ah bless you x100
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    This is the second post of yours I've noticed in as many days. Thank you for it. It's lovely to see someone being so positive - it's that attitude that wipes off onto other people! :happy:
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    This was me Friday! Thank you so much! We all have our bad days. Have to remember this too shall pass!
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You are amazing I have read a couple of your posts now and every time I do I feel so much better for it and more motivated thank you so much.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support.
  • tsimmsva
    Options
    Your letter is a great motivator when we're having a bad day. Thank you for the wonderful post!!
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I needed that today. It made me smile.