new at guitar

and really excited about my growth and progress with the instrument. Ive been losing weight and learning how to play guitar simultaneously lol and honestly if it wasn't for my current weight loss i wouldn't even have the courage to post up me singing /playing guitar

increased confidence is definitely one of the things i got from my weightloss and im proud so im posting a video i just made lol
i hope you enjoy! any feedback is welcome :)

http://youtu.be/6FWAhG2D4go

Replies

• joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Congratulations! I was taking guitar lessons last year and i need to get back to practicing. I need to do like you and focus on both! Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation for both!
  • srea76
    srea76 Posts: 10
    I play guitar too. Sorry I do not like the song, but I think you have a beautiful voice. Id like to hear you try something else. Sounds like you are doing great with just starting out.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    i haz a guitar too you're ok and your voice is good but could be better
    video still amazed me i think you're the first black girl i seen playing guitar O_o
  • i haz a guitar too you're ok and your voice is good but could be better
    video still amazed me i think you're the first black girl i seen playing guitar O_o

lmao!!
    this really made me "lol"
    and yeah... i dont know many black people period that play...
    and thankk you, and yeah i know... im not a singer lol i really want to work on improving my guitar skills though. ive only been playing for about 4months now
  • I play guitar too. Sorry I do not like the song, but I think you have a beautiful voice. Id like to hear you try something else. Sounds like you are doing great with just starting out.

thank you so much :)
    and yeah the song is whatever, a friend of mine requested it and im pretty much willing to play anyting just to learn. but thanks a ton :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    i haz a guitar too you're ok and your voice is good but could be better

lmao!!
    this really made me "lol"
    and yeah... i dont know many black people period that play...
    and thankk you, and yeah i know... im not a singer lol i really want to work on improving my guitar skills though. ive only been playing for about 4months now
    bah singing and playing just like everything else is practice, just keep at it if it interests you and don't let anyone turn you down, that is art