so close to giving up...

Options
okay so my weight has been stuck on 180 pounds more or less for the past 3 months and this is starting to piss me off..
maybe i'm just meant to be fat forever :(

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Don't you dare start saying that stuff girl! Look at what you eat, exercise properly and reduce sodium while drinking water! I don't know enough about it to help but maybe someone here can check your eating habits and give you a hand. But stop the self abuse! You can do this!
  • iluvmuddyjeeps
    Options
    sounds like you've hit a plateau but DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT give up!!!!! do a little research, see if you've been in a food rut or an excercise rut and mix things up a little bit. try to stay positive and when you do get mad, work it out with some excercise. i have found "working it out" is an awesome stress reliever and it leaves me feeling a lot better than just being mad. if it's a cheerleading squad you need, i am here for ya!!!! just please do not give up, you've already made some progress, now just build on that.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    OK, FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOU ATTITUDE - YOU CAN BE WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO BE. IF YOUR NOT LOOSING IT CAN BE ONLY ONE THING - CALORIES IN ARE NOT LESS THEN CALLORIES OUT! TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT YOU DIET, IS IT CLEAN AND HEALTHY?? WHAT ABOUT YOUR EXERCISE - MFP OVER COUNTS SO YOU NEED TO GET A HRM OR LOG A LOT LOWER THEN WHAT THEY TELL YOU.

IF YOU WANT IT YOU CAN HAVE IT - MAGIC IS BELIEVING IN YOURSELF, IF YOU CAN DO THAT, YOU CAN MAKE ANYTHING HAPPEN.

GOOD LUCK :)
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    okay so my weight has been stuck on 180 pounds more or less for the past 3 months and this is starting to piss me off..
    maybe i'm just meant to be fat forever :(

noooo....you will succeed....definitely.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    OK, FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOU ATTITUDE - YOU CAN BE WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO BE. IF YOUR NOT LOOSING IT CAN BE ONLY ONE THING - CALORIES IN ARE NOT LESS THEN CALLORIES OUT! TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT YOU DIET, IS IT CLEAN AND HEALTHY?? WHAT ABOUT YOUR EXERCISE - MFP OVER COUNTS SO YOU NEED TO GET A HRM OR LOG A LOT LOWER THEN WHAT THEY TELL YOU.

IF YOU WANT IT YOU CAN HAVE IT - MAGIC IS BELIEVING IN YOURSELF, IF YOU CAN DO THAT, YOU CAN MAKE ANYTHING HAPPEN.

yes i do have a HRM. I weigh everything I eat. I think my problem is that when I don't lose weight I'm like well who cares I'm never gonna lose it anyway and then eat crap :/
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    just had a look at your diary (sorry about the caps lock, i was not yelling, i'm just old and new to technology!)

1. you need to cut the red rooster - walk to work and dont walk past it! its not good.
    2. flavoured milk needs to go. if you must have milk replace it with a protien shake - get a choc or coffee flavoured one - less cals more benefits.
    3. exercise. start small, aim big.

YOU CAN DO IT (that time i was yelling) :)
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Play around with your food take a look at what you are eatting it could be anything a digestive issue or the wrong type of foods if I eat to much read meat I gain weight. Just adjust what you are eatting take a look at how many calories you are taking in adjust and keep adjusting things till you find what will work for you. No giving up!!!!
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    What I have to say is this: DON'T give up! It IS NORMAL for your weight to plateau...
    And, in the words of Stand-Up Comedian Gabriel Iglesias: I'm NOT fat, I'm FLUFFY!!! (And Fluffy he is, too!)
    Gabriel makes a living making jokes @ his size & girth; if you've never heard of him, check him out on YOUTUBE.
    I'm EXTRA Fluffy; at 5'2" I currently weigh @ 294. I have roughly 144 pounds to lose until I'm at my ideal weight of 150 lbs.
    So PLEASE ADD ME as a friend, & then together we can eventually lose our fluff together, ok?
    :flowerforyou:
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options

yes i do have a HRM. I weigh everything I eat. I think my problem is that when I don't lose weight I'm like well who cares I'm never gonna lose it anyway and then eat crap :/

You said it. Eating crap isn't going to get it. :noway: Suggestion. Look at your profile and re-read your reason for losing weight in the first place. You have an awesome goal and if you meant what you said in your profile you will have to get used to knowing what is needed to help others to "never give up." You can do it. You have a great start. Just readjust your exercise and eating. That will get you there.:flowerforyou:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    just had a look at your diary (sorry about the caps lock, i was not yelling, i'm just old and new to technology!)

1. you need to cut the red rooster - walk to work and dont walk past it! its not good.
    2. flavoured milk needs to go. if you must have milk replace it with a protien shake - get a choc or coffee flavoured one - less cals more benefits.
    3. exercise. start small, aim big.

YOU CAN DO IT (that time i was yelling) :)

lol i work there?
    plus how do i not exercise :S this week alone i have already done 390 minutes burning 4781 calories :S
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Hey don't give up! I've been hovering around the same weight since November. I know how you feel. But you aren't gaining. At least you are maintaining. Focus on that. Then see what you can change.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like! But do not give up! Sounds like a plateau. Attempt to shake up your diet and exercise routine. Throw your body for a loop. Do you lift weights? If not, try lifting some weights. Your body starts catching on to what you're trying to do so you need to confuse it!

Keep your chin up girl!
  • TheresaC928
    Options
    Don't give up! It may be you need to change something up in your exercise or diet routine. Do you exercise only 3 days a week or not at all? Increase it. Drink lots of water. Cut down on diet pop or none at all. It's rough I know but at least you've lost so much already so you know you are strong enough to do it. If I can lose 6 lbs so far at age 40 and I assume you are younger, you can do it too. I want to lose up to 100 so I do have a long way to go. My name is Theresa by the way. Good Luck.
  • doodlebug21
    doodlebug21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I jump started my weight loss again by splitting my exercise. i now work out with kettlebells in the AM before work and then come home and hit the treadmill for about a half an hour. It is working.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. Seems like you eat quite a bit of crap food :/ maybe that's all you have available? You should try to eat a bit cleaner. More veggies and fruits.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Change to maintenance :-)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Something is not right. You either have MFP set up incorrectly. You are not logging your food well enough and you're eating in a calorie surplus.

Share your age, height, weight and exercise frequency and duration please.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Set smaller goals to stop eating work food. Try one shift without, then two, then a week & before you know it you'll have kicked it. As other people have said, try to eat as clean as you can. Lots of veggies, fruits & water. You can do it.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Don't give up! It may be you need to change something up in your exercise or diet routine. Do you exercise only 3 days a week or not at all? Increase it. Drink lots of water. Cut down on diet pop or none at all. It's rough I know but at least you've lost so much already so you know you are strong enough to do it. If I can lose 6 lbs so far at age 40 and I assume you are younger, you can do it too. I want to lose up to 100 so I do have a long way to go. My name is Theresa by the way. Good Luck.

I exercise 5-6 days a week, at least 6-8 hours...
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Set smaller goals to stop eating work food. Try one shift without, then two, then a week & before you know it you'll have kicked it. As other people have said, try to eat as clean as you can. Lots of veggies, fruits & water. You can do it.

I do try... I was doing well until this week and the anniversary of his death then I just didn't care anymore :/
    Thinking maybe if I do kinda like a swear jar, everytime I eat red rooster I gotta put money in it and can't open it til I reach my goal... you think that might help?