Searching for Soup Recipes

Options
I'm looking to make a homemade low-fat / low-sodium vegetable soup. Know any good recipes or sites to chck? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Try these sites for low-cal recipes:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/search.php?searchpro=vegetable+soup&search_type=recipes

http://search.cookinglight.com/ck-results.html?Ntt=vegetable+soup&x=0&y=0

I recently prepared SALMON CHOWDER for my family, and they loved it. It was delicious, easy to make, and low-cal. You can find it at caloriecount.about.com and other sites.

I joined MFP a few weeks ago, and loving it. Enjoy your soup!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Black beans Soup.

Take 3 large bell peppers various colors
    1 large onion
    3 garlic cloves

Chop up and saute in 1 tbsp broth

(I make my own broth and don't add sodium, but you can buy low sodium broth)

2 cans of black beans (mash up 1 can)

mix all of the ingredients once the peppers and onions are slightly soft, add 6-8 cups broth.

bring to a boil, add 1/2 tsp cumin and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, turn down the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.

Doesn't sound like much, but it is very easy quick, and yummy!! I will say that a good amount of salt in the beginning is better, but I made this for my father in law with absolutely no salt and it was delicious! And with most soups, it's atleast 200 times better then next day!! :) Also, if you like avacado's I like to cube 1/2 of an avacado and put it in the soup right before serving. Enjoy!
    When you are ready to eat it, chop more cilantro for a fresh topping and a crack of salt.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    of I forgot to add. along with the 3 bell peppers if you like spice add either a poblano or jalapeno or anaheim depending on how spicy you like things :)
  • missfayefaye
    Options
    "Jamie's Minestrone Soup"
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 227 | Total Fat: 8.3g | Cholesterol: 1mg

By far the heartiest and most delicious soup I've made. You can probably cut the olive oil down to 1 tbsp instead of 3 tbsps. And personally, I like adding the kidney beans very last with the macaroni because they tend to get mushy and dissolve into the soup.

Ingredients

3 tablespoons olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 onions, chopped
    2 cups chopped celery
    5 carrots, sliced
    2 cups chicken broth
    2 cups water
    4 cups tomato sauce
    1/2 cup red wine (optional)
    1 cup canned kidney beans, drained
    1 (15 ounce) can green beans
    2 cups baby spinach, rinsed
    3 zucchinis, quartered and sliced
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 cup seashell pasta
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese for topping
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    Directions

In a large stock pot, over medium-low heat, heat olive oil and saute garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Add celery and carrots, saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
    Add chicken broth, water and tomato sauce, bring to boil, stirring frequently. If desired add red wine at this point. Reduce heat to low and add kidney beans, green beans, spinach leaves, zucchini, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, the longer the better.
    Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until tender. Drain water and set aside.
    Once pasta is cooked and soup is heated through place 2 tablespoons cooked pasta into individual serving bowls. Ladle soup on top of pasta and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Spray with olive oil and serve.

Source Link:
    All Recipes.com
  • meemaw2boys
    meemaw2boys Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We love DR. OZ'S BELLY-BUSTINg FAT BURNING SOUP! I MAKE IT SPICER USING TOMATOES WITH GREEN CHILIES; AND TOMATOES WITH CILANTRO AND LIME INSTEAD OF THE FIRE ROASTED TOMATOES. We have it before a meal or if not too hungry just as lunch sometimes
  • hilary67
    Options
    hi. we grow a lot of our own vegetables. so i simply boil what ever i have in a large pan of water, add a tiny pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste. then when all veg' really soft ,i simply use my hand blender to purree down. adjust consistancy with a little more water if needed. use a little single cream or yogurt as a treet.i serve it with crusty bread [little bit naughty] . try curried parsnip[add spoonfull curry paste to soup base] cauliflower[use apple and potatoe with plenty cauliflower] leek and potatoe[light on the potatoe].hope this helps. hilary