How do you remind yourself to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote on Pinterest that said something like "Tired of starting over? Stop giving up." Every time I catch myself going over on my calories or choosing one thing over another or not working out, I think of that.
    Love this quote.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I only had 1 pair of jeans that fit and they were getting tight. I was tired of wearing the same pair of pants every day. I have several pairs of pants that fit now.
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote on Pinterest that said something like "Tired of starting over? Stop giving up." Every time I catch myself going over on my calories or choosing one thing over another or not working out, I think of that.

That is a great quote! I am going to use that
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When tempted, I remind myself that nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I used to have diabetes type II. I would take 5 different meds in pill form and a injection. I am no longer diabetic but I kept some of the meds as a reminder.
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That I am not going to buy another piece of clothing until I lose the weight I want to lose. And when that happens I am going on a shopping spree for all kinds of new clothes just in time for spring!!! I live in Upstate NY where it's sweaters and long sleeves everyday right now so buying all new shorts and capris will be exciting!!
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I used to have diabetes type II. I would take 5 different meds in pill form and a injection. I am no longer diabetic but I kept some of the meds as a reminder.
    Wow, thats awesome motivation! Diabetes runs in our family, so I remind myself that I am putting myself at risk if I continue to eat unhealthy foods.
    My best motivation to get started again was going clothes shopping - seeing myself in the 360 mirror and not being to fit into the size I wanted to wear was depressing. Now clothes shopping motivates me because I am looking better and am fitting into smaller sizes.
    I also have a dress hanging in my closet that I want to get into. It's a fancy dress to go out to a fancy dinner in.
  • shellieems
    Options
    your ”jiggle test“ is very funny :D lol
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My scale is the first thing you see when you walk into my bathroom. Seeing it and remembering that I have to weigh-in at the end of the week is usually enough. I'm also not buying any new clothing until I lose weight, that's been a huge reminder to stay on track too.