Stress eating nipped in the bud....

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Just wanted to post to get it out, so that I avoid stress eating....

UGH....
I just had to fire two contractors - good people - nice people - people with families,and bills - but people who weren't doing their jobs to the standard set forth. Both had many chances, and a lot of ongoing feedback.

I feel sick about it, and my old instinct came back - to eat something to make myself FEEL better.

I didn't do it. I talked it out with a friend (after hubby only half listened, and made me feel more frustrated!). Now I'm going to get off the computer, close up work for the day, and go for a run. I've already worked out once this morning, but I'm going to deal with stress with running instead of eating.

It is an ongoing battle my friends - but I really feel like I have won - I am in control.

I see why Donald Trump is a little soft around the center - this is awful!

Okay.... I feel a bit better.... thanks for allowing a vent....
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options

UGH....
    I just had to fire two contractors - good people - nice people - people with families,and bills - but people who weren't doing their jobs to the standard set forth. Both had many chances, and a lot of ongoing feedback.

I feel sick about it, and my old instinct came back - to eat something to make myself FEEL better.

I didn't do it. I talked it out with a friend (after hubby only half listened, and made me feel more frustrated!). Now I'm going to get off the computer, close up work for the day, and go for a run. I've already worked out once this morning, but I'm going to deal with stress with running instead of eating.

It is an ongoing battle my friends - but I really feel like I have won - I am in control.

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    good job sweetie!! I am proud of you! It is a hard battle for us all. You can do it:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda!!

Sorry you are having a rough day! But it does sound like you are in control!! That is the biggest thing with keeping this up. The fact is...life and it's stresses (AND FUN) get in the way of being perfect all the time. It's understanding that and not letting it completely derail you that will get you through those times unscathed!

You are doing great!! And exercise is an EXCELLENT destresser! I often use it myself! :tongue:

-Tam
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I think that is why a lot of us stress eat - we don't / can't / won't talk about those kind of issues or don't feel heard. I know that was hard and unpleasant. Good for you for doing what needed to be done and NOT eating your stress! Have a great run. :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    YAY! Good for you!
    That sounds like a great way to burn off the frustration.
    I am gonna work on doing that more.

• NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Great job, Amanda! Running is the ultimate de-stresser.

Hope today gets better for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options

UGH....

wow im very proud of u... im the same way anything that upset me i was quick to go thru a drive thru and eat a 1200 calorie hamburger... but running is a great way to vent... keep up the good work and stay away from emotional eating...

and men are always like that!!! but if u dont listen to them all hell breaks lose... lol
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    why can't men just listen and nod and understand instead of making us crazy? :explode:
    sorry, I love my DH, but he isn't the best at letting me vent, so I totally understand where you're coming from!

anyway, congrats on staying away from food.. even though I've been at this for almost a year now, stress eating, or emotional eating is still something I struggle with from time to time... I'm always impressed by those that can avoid it..

Enjoy your run!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    I salute you...I've been a stress and emotional upset eater too...my food-drug of choice was large fries from McDonalds. I aspire to learn to pick a HEALTHY snack or do something active, like run, to process my feelings instead of stuffing them with food!!!

And goo for YOU for setting boundaries for your business/place of work. I think people aren't aware how important it is to be present at work and take the feedbback and make the changes needed. I really respect that you said no thanks to that type of behavior.

WooHooo Yo Go Girl!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    good for you! i'm impressed that you not only handled the stress but the contractors too. i hate doing that!
    hope your run was fabulous!
  • AJCM
    Options
    THANK YOU to you all for the kind words and the support. The run was GREAT, and I truly feel better - it even gave me some clarity on the work situation.

You guys are the best....

Thanks for listening.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey

Good job!
    I've hit some stressful times and it's so hard because logically we know that eating isn't going to help/solve anything BUT we still feel/hear food calling!

Kim
  • AJCM
    Options
    I salute you...I've been a stress and emotional upset eater too...my food-drug of choice was large fries from McDonalds. I aspire to learn to pick a HEALTHY snack or do something active, like run, to process my feelings instead of stuffing them with food!!!

And goo for YOU for setting boundaries for your business/place of work. I think people aren't aware how important it is to be present at work and take the feedbback and make the changes needed. I really respect that you said no thanks to that type of behavior.

WooHooo Yo Go Girl!!!!:flowerforyou:

I feel you on the fries.... been there....

Thanks - you know, one of them actually RAISED his rates, while providing LESS services than the competitor. I had to do it. Since losing the weight, I've been much less of a push over - and I LOVE it!!!