One month, no results, HELP

Options
Hello all,
So I've been tracking my calories for over a month now. After my workout Tuesday, I decided to weigh myself for the first official time since starting my weight loss journey.

I hadn't lost a pound.

I don't know, maybe it was all the hydrating I had done for my workout, or maybe it was my clothes--but I can't help but think that in a month of trying, really trying, that there'd be no change.
I've lost about an inch on my waist and hips, so there's that, but none of my clothes feel looser and I don't think I look any different. I certainly don't look like how I'd hope to in a month.
I've been pretty good about tracking my calories--I tend to overestimate them to be safe, and have only missed a day or two.
I've also been walking everywhere (which, on campus, turns into 40 minutes to an hour a day) and doing an hour-long workout twice a week on top of that.

I just don't know what to do--I feel really discouraged right now. Should I be doing more? Any advice?

Potentially helpful info: Starting: ~140 Goal: ~120 Height: ~5'0" Net Calories/day: 1000 (I'm really short, so even doing 1200 a day I'm barely at a 500/day deficit.)

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    well without knowing any stats there really is nothing to be recommened.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself in the morning, naked, before youve eaten or drank anything. Drinking lots of water+clothes+random daily fluctuations can cause huge false readings.