"net" calories

Options
How do you know what your "net" calories are? I am wondering if I am not eating the correct amount of calories because at first I was losing and now I seem to have hit a plateau even though I am still doing Jillians 30 day shred and staying under my calorie goal. Also, have been very hungry this week and its been harder to stay within calories, where a couple of weeks ago I was eating snacks at night to get my calories to 1200 without ever feeling deprived. Any advice? Thanks!

Replies

• crystlgrn
    crystlgrn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Your net calories are simply the calories you've eaten minus any calories you've burned exercising. For example, if you've eaten 1200 calories and have burned 200 exercising, your net calories are 1000. The calorie goal MFP sets for you is based on net calories so you'll see if you add your exercise calories in to MFP, your calorie goal for the day will increase.
  • slightner
    slightner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So If I eat 1240 calories and do 240 calories of exercise, my net is only 1000? Maybe thats why my weight loss has slowed....If anyone cares to look at my food diary and give advice, Id be grateful!