Grr my boyfriend is pissing me off (work out vent)

Options
so my boyfriend is a buff dude...
he goes to the gym every morning at like 5 aclock for 5 hours...
so he is in really good shape...

well im not as in shape as him...
well i have softball practice every day for 2 hours but that workout doesnt compare the one he does...
and he can run a 21k marathon...

anyways i was running at practice and for the first time in a long time i ran a half mile in a good pace without stopping...
i was sooo proud of myself...
and instead of being proud of me...
he says wow ur a softball player and u can only run a half hour...
what a joke of an athlete...

i wanted to kill him...
and i am eating better now and i see him eating whatever he wants...
and he says why do u eat that nasty stuff eat what u want and u can work it off...
bad advice... lol
cause i will be eating hamburgers and expecting to go to the gym and try and work it off....

o and to top it off im sitting on the couch doing crunches and he says wow this is why u should have muscles cause i can sit here and watch tv and my muscles are burning calories and u have to do crunches...

grr he frusturates me...

Replies

• hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    so my boyfriend is a buff dude...
    he goes to the gym every morning at like 5 aclock for 5 hours...
    so he is in really good shape...

well im not as in shape as him...
    well i have softball practice every day for 2 hours but that workout doesnt compare the one he does...
    and he can run a 21k marathon...

anyways i was running at practice and for the first time in a long time i ran a half mile in a good pace without stopping...
    i was sooo proud of myself...
    and instead of being proud of me...
    he says wow ur a softball player and u can only run a half hour...
    what a joke of an athlete...

i wanted to kill him...
    and i am eating better now and i see him eating whatever he wants...
    and he says why do u eat that nasty stuff eat what u want and u can work it off...
    bad advice... lol
    cause i will be eating hamburgers and expecting to go to the gym and try and work it off....

o and to top it off im sitting on the couch doing crunches and he says wow this is why u should have muscles cause i can sit here and watch tv and my muscles are burning calories and u have to do crunches...

grr he frusturates me...
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    5 hours/day, does he have a job?? What a jerk, are you sure you want to keep someone around who does that to your self esteem?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    The following is a detailed list of steps I formulated to help you deal with the situation in a rational manner conducive to your own success and happiness.

1. Break up with said boyfriend.

Problem solved.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If he isnt supportive now I would think a lot about your future with this guy....to me he seems stuck on himself ..perhaps you need to get stuck on "YOU" and dont look for his approval anymore..do what you need to do to get in shape...even if it means getting up at 5am......dont even share your success with someone like that.......perhaps he is insecure you will get too HOT and say Adios!!:drinker:
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    It sounds like to me, he doesn't give you much support. Do not let him discourage you!!
    Hang in there! You deserve to be treated better than that---life is too short to put up with this!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    is he rich?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    He sounds lovely. :indifferent:
  • colliertoys
    Options
    I was reading your post and it sounded like my EXhusband. Seriously are you sure someone like this is who you should be with.

Congrats to your accomplishment, we are proud of you.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow. If he's rich, take his money and pack his s**t and put it on the curb. :glasses: Seriously - you need to think long and hard about this relationship. If this is typical of his behavior - why are you still with this jerk? If it's not typical of his behavior, then a nice long sit down is in order to clarify that this is not behavior conducive to continuing the relationship!

Oh hey - great job on the running!! And that is awesome to be doing crunches whenever you can. You go girl!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Dump him before you marry him and 21 years have flown by and you realize you have wasted 21 years on an *kitten* who doesn't deserve or support you......Double GRRRR:grumble:

WOW how bitter does that sound? :embarassed:
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    5 hours/day, does he have a job?? What a jerk, are you sure you want to keep someone around who does that to your self esteem?

ya he works... but his job is the best job ever... there could be days where he doesnt do a thing!
    he works at a private ambulance company transporting people from hospital to hospital... so if theres no calls he can sit around and do whatever he wants...
    lucky *kitten* lol...

but anyways i dunno he does support me in other things but working out he doesnt anymore because i am quick to be like okay tomorrow im going on a diet... and the next day im at mcdonalds... but not that im trying he thinks im going to give up... i dunno he just thinks he is funny but he got a lip full today... he needed to be set straight...
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    clearly he is very jealous of you.

I would dump him now. He does not have a shred of respect for you or what you are trying to do.
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    He must be stuck on himself....Is his name Jeremy, He sound like my daughters x boyfriend, And I do mean X!!!:explode:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

ya he works... but his job is the best job ever... there could be days where he doesnt do a thing!
    he works at a private ambulance company transporting people from hospital to hospital... so if theres no calls he can sit around and do whatever he wants...
    lucky *kitten* lol...

but anyways i dunno he does support me in other things but working out he doesnt anymore because i am quick to be like okay tomorrow im going on a diet... and the next day im at mcdonalds... but not that im trying he thinks im going to give up... i dunno he just thinks he is funny but he got a lip full today... he needed to be set straight...
    you being wishy washy and undecided and not exactly ready to reach your goals doesnt give him an excuse to be insensitive and cruel....Ugh ....he knows he isnt funny and he knows it bothers you..afterall he should know you better than any of us and we can tell it bothers you..I do wish you luck dont make excuses for his actions..
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    He sounds lovely. :indifferent:

Haha, no doubt. Doesn't sound very supportive at all. He can't compare himself to a woman cuz he's a MAN. I don't blame you for being choked!

My fiance is a bone rack. Before I am even done HALF of my burger; has has finished inhaling he second and is on to his THIRD and doesn't gain an OUNCE!! He works in construction, but as a foreman, so he basically stands around bossing ppl around. His idea of a 'workout' is a nap. Now THAT pisses me off, lol. I LOOK at food and it goes straight to my hips!

Must be nice to have psycho metabolism! :grumble:
  • jspruden05
    Options
    GRRRRRRRR, is right!!! Wow, what an *kitten*! (Sorry, but if my bf said that to me, I'd call him an *kitten* too)

Your BF obviously doesn't understand the biological differences between male and female bodies, or probably genetics for that matter.

Men and women are made soooo differently.... and isn't he glad for that???

Tell him: "Yeah, I'll listen to your advice if you want my body to look like YOURS!" Of course he doesn't want you to look like him.. ew! He wants a slim, gorgeous, curves-in-all-the-right-places, toned kinda girl. Not a body builder like him! Tell him that in order to look like a fit woman, you need to follow your own pace. Including work outs, diet, progress etc.
  • jbrascia
    jbrascia Posts: 16
    Options
    get rid of the so-called boyfriend.....he's not your friend::noway:
    you should have someone that encourages you and appreciates
    everything about you...
    anyone who works out like he does has deep issues
    you deserve much better.....
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    What an *kitten*! Even if he does care deep down and happens to think that in some twisted way that he's actually helping to motivate you, clearly he is NOT! I am not one to tell you what to do or who to love, but if this is not the first time you've told him that his attitude isn't helping you... he's not going to get it. Please take all these wonderful people's word that you are worth it... don't waste your time... you are worth much more than that! Want me to beat him up? I'll give it a try! :angry: :angry: :explode: :explode:
    :laugh: :laugh:

And congrats on all your hard work!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    hold the dang phone here

the Op said she is on a diet one day and at McDonalds the next day

maybe the BF is tired of her playin at gettin in shape while he works out 5 hours a day

you guys are ready to hang this guy and its ok for the gal to be back and forth on whether she is on a diet or not?

bunch a man haters
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    *gets popcorn*