Hello

Hi everyone.
I'm new to this and I've looked around for awhile and thought I should join.. but I'm stuck on how I should go about in reaching my goal. It's hard to get off my butt to exercise and I TRY to eat healthy as much as I can. Sometimes I give in though..haha. If anyone has any recommendations on healthy recipes, that would be much appreciated!

Any help, tips and advice will be appreciated..

Replies

• courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Heyas :) Welcome to MFP! First I'd say make sure you're logging everything, that way even if you do 'give in', you can see that later and use it as motivation. It's definitely a step in the right direction. As far as recipes and advice go, I'd say just try to utilize the chat boards here, as questions, etc. Definitely add people as friends as well, I was on here for 2 weeks without any and kind of fading out, but the motivation and support people on here give is fantastic. My personal fave site for recipes is skinnytaste.com Good luck :)
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Hi, yh! Welcome to the community. I think you'll find that everyone who answers your question will give a little bit different answer. The trick is to make it your own. When you set your profile, log your food, do your exercise, the most important thing is to be honest with yourself. Sure, it sounds easy enough ... and it is. MyFitnessPal is a tool. HOW you use it is entirely up to you. You've taken the first step. Keep on steppin'. Remain active. Accept help when you need it. Help others when you can. Everyone here is trying to get healthy, so you're not alone. Most of all, have fun. The more you enjoy this journey, the better your success will be. Good luck.

Endeavor to persevere.
  • yhtak828
    yhtak828 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks courtney! I just checked out the site and it looks awesome.
    Do you mind if I add you as a friend?
  • yhtak828
    Thank you Flyer! I appreciate your advice. Hope I can keep remembering to log my food and activity.

Edit: Oops..sorry for the double post
  • Hey, I was in the same place you are in, you can do it. FIrst just start slow, changing the way you eat lunch or dinner. Being prepared is the hardest thing to do, making your lunch for work if you can will not only save you some bucks but you will see a total change in your attitude towards eating out, do not be discouraged. In regards to exercise do something real simple like 5 or 10 minutes on a cardio machine or walking. Then try and add one or two mins on every day or week. As the time progresses you will see the time and distance increase as well. Set a goal and work to see it happen,
  • yhtak828
    Thanks a bunch Diacentist. I'll try to start small this time for exercising.
    If you don't mind me asking how do you prepare your lunch/dinner? Just wondering.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Thanks courtney! I just checked out the site and it looks awesome.
    Do you mind if I add you as a friend?

not at all :)