82 calorie mini pavlovas (or meringues)

Options
2Phat1
2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
I said I'd post this this weekend and I have managed to get to it in time.:happy: I do have to admit though I didn't get to make it this weekend as i promised i would do. It will have to wait thill mid week now. I hope anyone who tries it enjoys it.

If you want to top it like a pavlova then make an indentation in the middle when you spoon it out and add the topping after cooking. There are many low cal options available. If you want it as a meringue then raise the spoon just as you finish ladling out each dollop and you should get a well rounded top with a slight peak.

Mini Pavlova - low-carb style!

A healthy twist on the Aussie classic!

Nutritional information does not include sweetener, as it will depend on what you use. Make sure you add the extra in. If you use granulated sugar then you will add about 8 calories to each pavlova.

Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 180
Number of Servings: 15

Ingredients
4 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Equivalent sweetener = 1/4 cup sugar (1/4 cup Splenda, around 1/8 bup erythritol, etc - to your taste)

Directions
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
Line the baking tray with baking paper and grease well with butter.
Beat egg whites until stiff with dash of salt and dash of cream of tartar (around 1/4 teaspoon).
Fold vanilla and sweetener into egg whites.

Spoon enough mixture for the nest size you prefer onto the sheet, and shape into a nest with a dip in the middle for topping. Repeat to make more nests until you are out of mixture.

Bake at 275 for 30 minutes. Don't open the oven until thirty minutes have passed, or else the temperature change (even a teeny subtle one) will mean the meringue won't dry out perfectly.

Turn oven off, but don't open the door for a good two hours.

Top with whipped cream (with added sweetener if you wish), chopped almonds, passionfruit pulp, kiwi, banana, etc! YUM!

Number of Servings: 15

This recipe was obtained from SparkPeople user JEZWYN.

A nice variation is to add about 4 teaspoons of cocoa to the mix. It makes it a great chocolatey taste and only adds about 4 calories per pavlova.

Replies

• suepeta
    Options
    bump
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Update to the recipe I posted above. I did get around to making it again later today and added 20g of Cocoa. It came out glistening and crunchy. Added some mango pieces and mango jus and it was marvellous. This is definitely one I am making again.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    rebumping, disappeared from my topics
  • nhafizamj
    Options
    Nice sharing it here sir. :)

I just try my first pavlova, half of it, just nice and not as sweet as many said.
    Actually, I triple confirm it before i am buying it as i am not belong to the sweet tooth member. ;)
    I also quickly have a nice walk and jog for an hour a few minutes after enjoying it. Lol.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Love pavlova!
  • redstampede
    Options
    Pavlova is awesome! Bumping for later. :) Thanks!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this! Where are the pictures? :sad: I want to see these!
  • mirasolabeille
    Options
    Bump ;)
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Bump :)