Attitude adjustment!!!!

Options
I realized that in the past when I'm trying to lose weight I think of myself as "on a diet". And when I lose the weight, I'm "off the diet". This way of thinking hasn't worked because I always gain the weight back.

This time I'm going to try to think of this as my new lifestyle. A permanent way of eating healthy, smaller portions, and daily exercise. Rather than "a diet" it's now a lifestyle change. I feel more confident already!

Replies

• SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I realized that in the past when I'm trying to lose weight I think of myself as "on a diet". And when I lose the weight, I'm "off the diet". This way of thinking hasn't worked because I always gain the weight back.

This time I'm going to try to think of this as my new lifestyle. A permanent way of eating healthy, smaller portions, and daily exercise. Rather than "a diet" it's now a lifestyle change. I feel more confident already!
  • carriengary
    Options
    GREAT suggestion! Like I said before.........the mind is a powerful thing and if we can trick our minds into thinking we are happy, healthy, and fit............think of the endless possabilities.
  • bonnie65738
    bonnie65738 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hope I can get to a better additude and become more positive about my weight lost. Keep up the positive additude.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I try to remind myself that the eating I do when I'm gaining weight is the ABNORMAL state for a healthy woman of my size and age. I am trying to train myself to eat appropriately. That's not "a diet," as in some abnormal restriction. Its "a healthy diet," as in the food that sustains and nurtures me without constant over-indulgence.
  • forevermaryb
    forevermaryb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. You can't go on a "diet", then go back to your old habits once you've reached your goal weight. I've done that before and have regained all the lost weight plus more. You have to change your eating and exercising habits for life.