Struggling with depression

Options
I need help to get back on track. I am struggling with depression and feel like a failure. I've hardly eaten today and can't cope with my normal weekend activity. Can anybody help? Thank you...

Replies

• Grace2K
    Options
    Give yourself a break. Remember you want to lose weight and maintain a healthy body for your whole life. This is just a few days. No one ever got fat or skinny over one weekend. That said, I have trouble with weekends. Go out and distract yourself with something fun. Go outside. That always makes me feel better. :smile:
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Focus on making little changes that will lead to big results. Learn to be dedicated and positive no matter what. Use this as a support system. You can lean on us!
  • Launch2012
    Options
    Hi.
    I struggle with depression too, and a sense of failure, but I do the opposite and eat to feel better. Like you, I often feel over whelmed by simple activities - few people know this about me. I'm sort like a high-functioning depressive.
    I'm really trying not to use food as an emotional crutch.
    This is my first post and I don't have any 'friends' on this site - I'm a bit of a technophobe - but I'm sure I can work it out.
    Add me if you would like to.
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I need help to get back on track. I am struggling with depression and feel like a failure. I've hardly eaten today and can't cope with my normal weekend activity. Can anybody help? Thank you...

Try getting out in the fresh air, just for a walk. Also attempt to eat something nutritious, however small, and think of it as fuel for your body. Be good to yourself and take small steps. It can be overwhelming to try and think beyond the end of one day so just try and achieve one or two small goals at a time and build confidence. Eating well is key as everything seems much worse when you have no energy x
  • tjortegon
    Options
    When I see these post my spirit grieves because I have been there... just know that it won't be like this forever take comfort in that... This will pass in the meantime what do you do?.. keep your body hydrated, open the windows get some fresh air and sun light, turn on soft music if you feel like your getting a break from it.. try to eat when you gain inner strength.. I was feeling this way today for NO reason just happened I was in bed most of the day but I kept myself busy by talking with friends playing with my kids and replying to your post.... :)
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    The thing is that only you can help yourself. I know because I have suffered with this too. As mentioned above, dont be too hard on yourself. I find that setting goals helps me to find a way to make them happen, or at least fight for them. I know is cliche but the battle is only against yourself. Try to write down the things that make you happy and pick one you can do today and just do it!

Good luck
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    i always suggest a good walk. if you can get outside breath deeply and enjoy the sights. if inside get off that couch and move a bit.