It's all mental

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
I'm generally pretty positive with my weight loss. I've lost 28.8kg/63lbs and am feeling fantastic. But catching sight of myself in the mirror today has had me crashing mood wise.

I want to look in the mirror and not see three rolls of fat (yes three, my two stomachs and my lady bits) I want to know that when I get to my goal weight I won't have excess skin and won't still hate myself naked.

I just want to be able to look in a mirror and like what I see.

I'm not giving up, I'm not going to go binge, I just needed to get this out.

Replies

• femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    63 lbs is unbelievable, so firstly, major congrats on that! I'm so jealous! It's been like 6 weeks for me and I have yet to lose one blasted lb :( so discouraging, I'm just ready to toss the scale out my window.

Seriously, I know it's hard some days, but just keep focusing on how far you've come. Heck, just look at some of your before and after pics. And don't forget that at the end of the day, it's not just about how you look in the mirror but feeling better and literally adding years to your life by treating your body the right way.

But for the record, I think you look beautiful :)
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It is AMAZING you lost that amount of weight!! Be proud of that accomplishment:drinker: I only have lost 6 in 45 days:grumble: You are an amazing person with beautiful attributes that make you who you are! There is NO ONE like you on this planet! The fingerprint on your fingers, the subtle color of your eyes in the sunshine, your laugh and the way you give a hug is unique to YOU!!!:flowerforyou: Those imperfections are just a challenge that you are moving toward changing! Change takes time, for then we learn patience and then we will reap a reward in the end. You will use this challenge today as a spring~board to help others. We support your endeavors and again you are beautiful:flowerforyou:
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You know a lot of people say weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. I think they are leaving out the mental component. It does mess with your head - the weeks when you *should* have a loss but don't get one. All of the conflicting information - eat more, eat less, cardio is best - no weights are the way to go, etc.

I know how you feel. You WILL get there. I can already tell how strong you are!
  • enlightening
    enlightening Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I get it. You've done so much and you know there's much more to do. Sometimes the to-do part can seem overwhelming and we forget all the work we've already done. You have worked so hard and feel trim and slim and then you see yourself still not trim and slim. It's weird, but it happens. I think it is much more a problem for women than for guys.

I am so glad you shared this. Sharing feelings always makes one feel relief, and I hope that is true for you today. I'm glad you know that you will not binge over this. Good luck!!
  • CaitlinR85
    Options
    I can totally understand that feeling - even though I'm a lot less along in my journey than you.

Like enlightening said, some days you work out so hard and eat so well and INSIDE you feel like the tightest, trimmest thing ever. But then you catch a glance in a passing window and think "Who is that great big fat person following me?" lol.

My friend gave me a tip that might help you when you are hating what you see in the mirror:
    Next time you're looking in the mirror, try and break down your body into sections. Look at your butt and notice how much firmer/trimmer it is than before. Look at your stomach and think how it's not hanging out as much as before.... how your legs are looking a little more toned... how your arms have slightly more definition. Basically, try and break it down into small chunks and take note of the improvements, not the bad points.