What is your morning breakfast routine?

Options
How do you start your day? What vitamins do you take? What foods do you eat to make sure that your day is energy-fueled?
Also - if you have a morning fitness routine, what exercises do you do and how do you recover?

Thanks guys, just wanting to know if I'm doing this right :)

Mine is -

Wake up, drink 300ml of green tea, drink 250ml of light soya milk (I need the calcium), drink 1lr of water throughout my morning
I eat a Belvita cereal bar and a healthy immunity yogurt
I also take a multivitamin tablet

Replies

• littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off > press snooze button
    Snooze goes off > press snooze button
    Get up sometime before the next snooze goes off.

Struggle out of bed.
    Weigh myself on the Wii fit (doing this each day just for interests sake at the moment)
    Go to the toilet

Shower & dress

Eat 2 weet-bix, 1/4 cup musli with 3/4 cup light milk and half a banana (unless we have run out)
    Take vitamin C if I or anyone in the family has a cold.

Get in my car and drive to the station to then train into uni.

I drink at least 1 litre of water before midday and at least another by dinner.
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My breakfast meal is actually one of my all-time favourite meals. It always leaves me feeling full, but not bloated, and ready for the day ahead.
  • liljgrafix
    Options
    Daughter wakes me up.. ususlly around 6am
    -get her dressed and fed
    -brush our teeth together
    -fix her hair
    -send her to school
    -go to kitchen and fix me a fruit salad and coffee
    -do my daily journal
    -go for morning walk
    the end
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My breakfast routine is:

- Wake
    - Get Ready
    - Walk Downstairs
    - Pour 60g of cereal into a bowl
    - Pour 250ml of skimmed milk into the same bowl
    - Add a spoon
    - Eat

:tongue:
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Drink a pint or two of water.

Make and drink a cup of rooisbos (redbush) tea with lemon.

Mess around on the conputer.

Breakfast: either granola, a little cerseal and homemade yogurt with fruit, or oatmeal with a little granola and some fruit (usually pommegranate).

Mess around on the computer.

Realise I am late from messing around on the computer.

Cycle in to bootcamp (m, w, f), or keep messing around on the computer until I cycle in to work.

At work I'll have a snack, sometimes a protein and soymilk shake, or otherwise something that is high protein.

Take vitamins (multi vitamin, cod liver oil, calcium with vit D).

Drink more water.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    On weekdays, my morning routine is like this-
    wake up, drink 500ml water, put my oat pancake into the pan to cook and make up the mixture for the next day,(it tastes better if it sits for a day in the fridge) put the filtered coffee on, go get ready, husband flips my pancake and brings it to me with my coffee as I eat and check mfp :)
    I love my morning breakfast.
    Weekends are usually the same, just a bit later, and then straight to the gym. Weekdays I have to go to the gym after work.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 7, but I'm usually already up cos my 2 dogs havent learned yet what a "lie-in" means!

So, feed dogs, make tea.

Fire up computer.

Make more tea.

Decide on breakfast - I alternate between eggs (usually in the mircowave with whatever leftover meat or veg I can find in the fridge) or soy yoghurt with nuts and seeds. Sometimes porridge.

Make more tea.

Eat breakfast. Take menopause supplement. Make sure to do this AFTER food, not before, or else I feel nauseous.

Make more tea.

If I feel I need an energy boost, take a Berocca.

Shower, dress, go to work.

I've tried exercising in the morning, and I'm not at my best, so I fit it in during my lunch hour or straight after work.

I run on tea, can you tell?
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning tea melaniecheeks!

Me: wake up wash face then go down and make tea!

Going for all protein breakfast this morning with two eggs, two sausages. But usually, it's a bowl of whole grain cheerios or some instant oatmeal (made with water, not milk).

Then another cup of tea!
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wake up around 7am, sometimes I weigh sometimes not

Go for a 35min walk to get the paper

Drink my shake for breakfast (I cant do food in the morning) and read the paper.

Daughter wakes up around 8ish

Breakfast and dress her

Shower then dress

Off to do whatever we have to do for the day
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5am, drink water, start prepping my food for the day (or the rest if I've done some the night before).
    Eat 1 hard boiled egg
    shower, get ready, leave the house 6:30 am
    On the train for 7am, eat breakfast part II - anything protein/fat/veg - lately cottage cheese, tomatoes, celery, avocado or a teaspoon of olive oil.

I arrive at work around 9 and by then I'm already ready for the next meal...

generally no morning exercise routine unless I've gone totally mental and get up around 4.30 to have a quick run around the park. Basically though I don't have time, I get up early enough,.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    NON WORK MORNINGS:
    Wake up, Take premular (PMS meds. Meant to help with PCOS)
    Take Probex (probiotic)
    Drink heaps of water
    Eat breakfast (Normally oatmeal, or eggs and toast, yoghurt and fruit etc)
    Drink my Green Tea
    Drink more water
    Wait 30 mins, take Iodine supp (was deficient), Lympathox (acne from PCOS), Glucofactors (sugar metabolism)

On work mornings i do the same normally, just minus the green tea, and i quickly throw my vitamins down on my way out the door.

Also, I'm an arvo/evening exerciser, however I do go to the gym on Saturday mornings, as that is my weigh in day, and their scales are incredibly accurate. So after weighing myself on an empty stomach, I usually have a piece of fruit and some nuts, do Bodypump, and then have a proper breakfast
  • dextertroy
    dextertroy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Newbie here!

I get up and have 40g of All Bran and a banana. I then drink a pint of water. I have an orange around 11am. In fact, off to get it now.
  • rkennedy54
    Options
    Cup of tea with skim milk, 40 g muesli (not toasted) with 2 tbls low fat yoghurt, 1/2 a chopped apple or banana, sun flower seeds and psylium husks sprinkled on top. Add skim mikt to all of this and it keeps me full for quite a few hours. I usually halve breakfast about 5.30am and then off to work an hour later or on the days I am not working I like to go to the gym to do a pump or a balance class.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    On my work days, monday-thursday
    Wake up at six and shower right away, I take ages in there that's why I have to wake up so early lol:/
    Get dressed and do my make up, while my mummy's packing my lunch lol. Go downstairs, grab my coat, put on my shoes and it used to be nothing for breakfast except a sugar free redbull but I have usually a cadbury flake bar now lol.. I need sugar!

On fridays, I'm at my college class
    Wake up at twenty to seven, wake up my little brother and pack his lunchbox while he's getting ready. I do his breakfast on fridays, so make his breakfast, call him downstairs, then I go straight upstairs and shower at half seven.
    Get dressed and do my make up, while my mum's putting all my stuff in my handbag for me. I take my little sister to school on a friday, so we eat breakfast together at ten past eight usually, I really like the belvita breakfast biscuit bars:) and I can't eat a bar of chocolate in front of her because it doesn't set the right example but it gives me the sugar I need. Then drop her off and get the bus to college as soon as I've dropped her off.

My weekends are alot more unorganised
    I wake up usually around eight to ten, my body doesn't understand the word lie in! Lol:( Shower and get dressed then do coursework. I do this for most of the day until around six or seven in the evenings then I go out. I used to eat little fruit snacks on my weekends but I'm trying to eat meals too.

On my weekdays I work out either in my lunchbreak or after work/college. On my weekends I don't work out. On my work out days, I work out for only sixty minutes lol.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Take a multi-vitamin, 10 cups of coffee and a Slimfast shake.
  • Kali112
    Kali112 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    9.30am-hit snooze, eventually crawl out of bed 30-45 mins later
    go to toilet, wash face
    check emails
    get dressed, go downstairs to make breakfast-coffee and oatmeal
    get on with my day (i am a student so either go to lectures/settle down to some studying)
  • Michelle650
    Options
    1. Get up
    2. Go toilet
    3. Weigh myself
    4. Get dressed
    5. Make & eat porridge with a tsp of sugar and milk
    6. Brush teeth & Hair
    7. Go to school
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Get up about 6.30, go to toilet, put the kettle on, stick the pc on and um go outside for a ciggie (yes I know, I shouldnt, but one at a time for me - weight loss or give up ciggies), come back in make a coffee, have either a yoghurt or multigrain cereal/breakfast bar with a multivitamin tablet whilst on the pc, start getting in the shower about 7.30 then leave the house about 8.30 or a bit before and walk to work
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    4:58 - alarm goes off (press snooze)
    5:05 - roll outta bed, brush teeth, put on workout clothes & HRM
    5:10 - work out (either Leslie Sansone DVD or elliptical)
    5:45 - wash dishes from night before, straighten kitchen
    5:50 - shower, get dressed, hair & makeup (Yes, I am very fast!)
    6:08ish - make breakfast (usually toast w/ guacamole & boiled egg or toast w/ PB & banana or yogurt with muesli)
    6:13ish - watch weather and eat breakfast
    6:20 leave house for train station (must buy iced coffee for train ride)
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been eating 2 hard boiled egg whites, 1 slice of wheat toast with peanut butter. This breakfast has kept me really full. Sometimes I don't even need to have a snack before lunch.

I do my workouts in the evenings, after work so that is it for my morning routine.