Twitching muscles!

I'm doing the NROLFW, eating tons of protein, and I'm on the second of two rest days. I wouldn't say my muscles are aching, but some of them are twitching! Does this mean that new muscle is being formed, and that I will suddenly develop those bulging biceps I hanker after? Or what? Does anyone else get this?

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    I'd like to know this too. When I get this I drink more water because I feel like it relates to muscle cramping.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    I get this from time to time. I've only just started working out again and last week my thigh wouldn't sit still! I would be interested to know what it is.
  • I've always thought that's a nervous system related thing, usually holds hands with exhaustion
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Bumping in case there is anyone from another time zone who might have a clue!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,881 Member
    Muscle twitching isn't uncommon with people who exercise hard. Unless it's continuous, there's no reason to fret. And unless you're on a calorie surplus, it's very difficult to build muscle while diet on a calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Muscle twitching isn't uncommon with people who exercise hard. Unless it's continuous, there's no reason to fret. And unless you're on a calorie surplus, it's very difficult to build muscle while diet on a calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Thanks. Not fretting so much as curious. In fact, I had thought it might be a good sign! I am on a calorie surplus, btw!