I think I need some help!

Options
Stepped on the scales this morning for a sneaky pre weigh in before tomorrow. I've only lost 0.4lbs this week.

Yes, it's that TOM.
Yes, I normally weigh in after exercise.
And yes, I'm 24hrs early.

BUT...I did 10 hours of exercise this week, tried extra hard to manage 1200 'healthy' calories every day but I still only managed to create a 3452 calorie deficit (3500 to lose a pound). THIS is why I hate to eat more than 1200 cals a day!

I've made my food diary open so you can take a peek. If anyone has any suggestions of how I could improve my week to increase my weight loss I'd be really grateful :)

Mini rant over!

Replies

• pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, MFP builds in a deficit with the 1200 calories. If you go to your goals page, on the right hand side it tells you what you calorie burn from normal daily activity is. Mine says 1920 from normal activity, and I set to lose 2lb a week, which gives me 1200. So already got a defect of 720 a day before i even start.

So your deficit is more than just your net calories on here. You don't really need to create any more of a deficit, you're just doing yourself out of food and energy!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd double check some of the nutritional content of what you're logging - you have quite a sweet tooth, so your sugar level is high. But I think there's things in there (fruit cup, brownie bites) that show zero sugar, and I'd bet they do have some, pushing your intake even higher!
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    You sound like you're doing everything right, so you're probably losing weight but the scales aren't reflecting it for some reason. You should just chill and wait a week or so and try weighing again and the weight will have probably come off by then, and more. If you try to create a bigger defecit you'll just be hungrier and more tired and more likely to want to throw in the towel altogether.

If you keep at it you will see results in time. Slow and steady!