Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi Everyone.

Weight Watcher exile. Tried it. Lost 30lbs but the needle got stuck as it were. Stayed the same for 5 weeks and that was it for me. Stressful xmas, son has severe mental disability. Before I knew it 20lbs back on.

Looking forward to using MFP though. I think, from what I can see, there is a big difference between WW and MFP. WW said you could bank your exercise points to help lose weight faster. This seems to work if you are 50-70lbs+ overweight. The body feeds off the fat reserves. Once you reach a certain level though, the calorie count is just too low. That's when the plateau hits.

I would have 58 points per day. I would earn 10 activity points by walking the dog twice, briskly for an hour in the morning (3.5 miles) and again at night. I would only eat around 50-52 points but subtract the 10 earned that I wan't eating from exercise and that meant I was around 16 points light. That's steak and chips, every day! Body drops to starvation mode.

It looks much easier to track on MFP as it tells you to aim for NET calories. I can eat my exercise calories and still lose weight. Exercise is rewarded as I can eat so as not to be hungry. Even if it's fruit or a bowl of soup.

I feel great already. It's looks a great community and everyones success stories are very motivational.

Derek

Replies

• KCox8604
    KCox8604 Posts: 41 Member
    Hi! I never really understood WW myself. I do know people that have had success. But like with most diets you cant stay on them forever! It is unfortunately a life style change. I have lost 12 pounds since starting MFP about 35 days ago. It is great for motivation and support when you need it most. My favorite part is the "Success Stories" board. Good luck to you!
    SW-195
    CW-159
    First Goal-150