water intake

Options
ok i have not long started trying to lose weight and the advice i keep hearing is drink loads of water ???
i am a 5 foot female age 34 and weigh 13.6 how much water should i be looking to drink on a daily basis ??

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    There is no magic number. Drink to satisfy your thirst and stay hydrated. Ideally, most of the liquid you consume should be plain water. Different people have conflicting theories on counting zero-calorie flavored beverages, tea, etc, as water. I don't use artificial sweeteners and I like sweet tea :tongue: so my water is just plain water.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Plain water is best...Im not sure how much u weigh in lbs...but the minimum IMO is at least half your weight in ounces...but I prefer at least my weight in ounces...once u start drinking it like a fish u will NEED it...and feel awful without it....start chugging!!!
  • joannes68
    Options
    I had this questions a few weeks ago.. And read about it on Shape.com, I have been drinking at least 1/2 my weight in water a day (during the week at work). As long as you stay active and workout - you shouldn't retain it - but if you should start retaining it -- lower your consumption.. Also check with your doctor. Doing this and changing my eating habits I am down 5 lbs. Good luck!