Tips to stay on track when you can't log on

Options
Yesterday my computer died. I felt so lost, I normally have this site as my homepage and check it regularly (adding any food I eat or walks I go on). I was without the site for 24 hours and I totally fell off the wagon. I felt like my support system had left me (strange I know)

I have a new computer now and I feel like I am back on track, but this got me thinking.

What can I do to help stay on track should I not be able to log on?

Replies

• AlisonMCross
    AlisonMCross Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my computer died. I felt so lost, I normally have this site as my homepage and check it regularly (adding any food I eat or walks I go on). I was without the site for 24 hours and I totally fell off the wagon. I felt like my support system had left me (strange I know)

I have a new computer now and I feel like I am back on track, but this got me thinking.

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    keep a handwritten journal - you can buy a book that lists the calories (like Calorie King's book or something similar) if you'd like - or just wait until you get back to your computer to log it all at once.
  • shalinik78
    Options

I am not sure if you would agree with me but ............ after a couple of months being on MFP
    I have realized two things :

1. My appetite has shrunken
    2. I get a rough idea of what I am over eating :) Unlike before
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When I went on vacation a few weeks ago, I felt the same way - like something dreadful was going to happen if I didn't log my calories. Like I would be attacked by a giant cheesecake, which would force itself down my throat. Luckily, this did not occur. However, I do feel the need to get a calorie book - like Wolfena suggested - so that I can do it by hand if I need to.

My coworker does his using his i-Phone, so I know other calorie counting/exerise programs are out there (no disrespect to MFP, of course).