Does one's Journey really ever end?

Options
13»

Replies

• funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Wow, just WOW!!!! You are truly awe-inspiring. :flowerforyou: :drinker: I rarely feel this way to someone online but I would dearly love to give you a big hug.

I agree that this is a lifetime commitment. Could I just offer one little word of advice? I'm a big believe in the fact that words have meaning. And, yes, those of us who have battled obesity and lack of fitness into submission by diet/exercise will always need to be conscious of it so obesity doesn't win back over us. However, I really hate hard work. Really. It doesn't sound like fun at all. When I first started my journey, exercise was hard work. No denying that. But, as I have improved my fitness, it has become fun and has become a game. I like to play with myself to see how much farther I can push myself. And my activities do feel more like play.

I don't know. Maybe most people aren't hung up on the connotations of words as much as I am. But if I thought I had to work hard for the rest of my life, I'd be a bit discouraged. But when I think that I now get to play and, yes, even play hard if I want....man, that sounds like fun! A life of play!! Yup, that's for me.

YMMV, of course.

Again, congratulations on your amazing accomplishments. You are, indeed, a shining star!
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Incredible, cheers from one Nova Scotian to another :D
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Wow..... I'm almost speechless. You're an amazing inspiration!

As for your question....no, it doesn't really end, but would you want it to? This isn't some fad diet or magic pill to get skinny quick, What we are all doing on here is making a lifestyle change. Choosing to live an active, healthy lifestyle fueled by a healthy diet and having the accountability to ourselves for all the bad and all the very good things we do to and for ourselves. I hope you take great pride in what you've accomplished for yourself, and that you can be a great motivation to many other people. You look amazing and I hope you feel even better on the inside!
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - just - congratulations!!!! Your achievement is phenomenal!

And yes - this about the journey - keep it fun, not hard work!
    I agree that this is a lifetime commitment. Could I just offer one little word of advice? I'm a big believe in the fact that words have meaning. And, yes, those of us who have battled obesity and lack of fitness into submission by diet/exercise will always need to be conscious of it so obesity doesn't win back over us. However, I really hate hard work. Really. It doesn't sound like fun at all. When I first started my journey, exercise was hard work. No denying that. But, as I have improved my fitness, it has become fun and has become a game. I like to play with myself to see how much farther I can push myself. And my activities do feel more like play.

I don't know. Maybe most people aren't hung up on the connotations of words as much as I am. But if I thought I had to work hard for the rest of my life, I'd be a bit discouraged. But when I think that I now get to play and, yes, even play hard if I want....man, that sounds like fun! A life of play!! Yup, that's for me.

YMMV, of course.

Again, congratulations on your amazing accomplishments. You are, indeed, a shining star!
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    First of all - WOW! Just wow. My jaw dropped when I saw your pictures. The amount of hard work and dedication you have put into changing your life - WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. You should be so proud! Your heart comes through so clearly in your post. And I'm sure your amazing journey has given you lots of insight.

I don't think my journey will ever end. Sure - I have a goal ... but just because I meet that goal doesn't mean my journey ends. The goal is so much more than a number on the scale - for me it's a commitment to live a changed life and make choices that will make my life even better.

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your story - all the best to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Reading your story and scrolling though your pics has literally given me goosebumps! I can't fathom how difficult your life must have been and how much strength it must have taken to start your journey toward health.

Just know that if you have acheived such a monumental task as this in your life, there is NOTHING that can be thrown at you in the years ahead that you will not be able to overcome!

You are a true inspiration.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for your words of encouragement... eventhough i have come along way... there are still times i struggle.... we all have them no matter what point in our journey...having people to help pull us along means everything...... thank you,
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    You are very inspiring to all of us. I would love to share your journey with my mother and best friend who keep telling me that they are too big to get back into shape, both have gone through surgery and still have yet to loss anything, because they will not follow the diet or exercise.

Congrats to you.:drinker:
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!