Very excited - Very scared !!! Ouch !

Options
Am so excited - don't know how tp wrap up all in a few words - but let me try ...............

Strating with my question : <B> How can I keep my weight in place without gaining, while on a vacation - means no exercise and no home cooked food. </B>

My Story :)

I am 31 now and a mom of a adorable 2 year old. I was always over weight but I also developed HypoThyroid during pregnancy. First time ever , after doing cardio and maintaing my eating habits with MFP I have lost 10 Lbs and I feel GREAT !

Now I am heading to New York city for 3 day vacation ( Am a big time fan of Sex and the City ) followed by 12 days in Toronto with my Uncle's Family. ( Meeting them all together for the first time in life , they migrated to Canada when I was 6 and since then have met them in parts - never all of us together)

Its a great trip I cannot be happier. But at the same time I am so scared to gain what I have lost by doing so much of hard work.

I need help ...... anything that you can give :)

Tips
Motivation
Idaes to eat while on travel

I really appreciate this help !

149532.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• shalinik78
    Options
    Am so excited - don't know how tp wrap up all in a few words - but let me try ...............

Strating with my question : <B> How can I keep my weight in place without gaining, while on a vacation - means no exercise and no home cooked food. </B>

My Story :)

I am 31 now and a mom of a adorable 2 year old. I was always over weight but I also developed HypoThyroid during pregnancy. First time ever , after doing cardio and maintaing my eating habits with MFP I have lost 10 Lbs and I feel GREAT !

Now I am heading to New York city for 3 day vacation ( Am a big time fan of Sex and the City ) followed by 12 days in Toronto with my Uncle's Family. ( Meeting them all together for the first time in life , they migrated to Canada when I was 6 and since then have met them in parts - never all of us together)

Its a great trip I cannot be happier. But at the same time I am so scared to gain what I have lost by doing so much of hard work.

I need help ...... anything that you can give :)

Tips
    Motivation
    Idaes to eat while on travel

I really appreciate this help !

149532.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    The couch to five K (http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html) helped me with exercise while traveling. I even ran around in circles in my room like an idiot. Take a DVD and resistance bands with you if you can.

If you're going out to eat steer your family towards restaurant you know the nutrition info for. When you're at your uncle's and elsewhere fill up on veggies and fruit, grilled meats etc.

But most of all have fun. :flowerforyou:
  • shalinik78
    Options
    The couch to five K (http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html) helped me with exercise while traveling. I even ran around in circles in my room like an idiot. Take a DVD and resistance bands with you if you can.

If you're going out to eat steer your family towards restaurant you know the nutrition info for. When you're at your uncle's and elsewhere fill up on veggies and fruit, grilled meats etc.

But most of all have fun. :flowerforyou:

heeeeeeey Thanks a bunch !

I am already getting a good feel raeding your stuff :)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Hi Shalinik,

I am sure others will answer much better than me but I understand. Just before Easter I was visiting my husbands family in NC. They are all gourmet chefs and own a market and sandwich deli. There is lots of food temptations.

I managed to stay on track but I had to do a couple of things.

First of all, at night I still wrote down every bite I took and did my best to estimate calories. Next, I was careful with every meal that I had some control over, ie breakfast I could make myself unsweetened oatmeal. For the other meals I desperately tried to control my portions. I ate extra salad and only took about 3 oz of meat and for all of the carb things...i would choose one and only have 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup. It was hard! It was hard for them to not see my pile up my plate but I just explained that I had been dieting and so my stomach just couldn't hold alot of food at one sitting.

The next thing I did is to find time to go for a walk at some point during the day. Sometimes it was early in the morning before anyone else was awake.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • shalinik78
    Options
    Hi Shalinik,

I am sure others will answer much better than me but I understand. Just before Easter I was visiting my husbands family in NC. They are all gourmet chefs and own a market and sandwich deli. There is lots of food temptations.

I managed to stay on track but I had to do a couple of things.

First of all, at night I still wrote down every bite I took and did my best to estimate calories. Next, I was careful with every meal that I had some control over, ie breakfast I could make myself unsweetened oatmeal. For the other meals I desperately tried to control my portions. I ate extra salad and only took about 3 oz of meat and for all of the carb things...i would choose one and only have 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup. It was hard! It was hard for them to not see my pile up my plate but I just explained that I had been dieting and so my stomach just couldn't hold alot of food at one sitting.

The next thing I did is to find time to go for a walk at some point during the day. Sometimes it was early in the morning before anyone else was awake.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

I am so thankful to you for your tips :) I will keep u posted on my success :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think you have to eat as you have been ..allow yourself one meal out of the ordinary daily but remember portions..and eat light throughout the day....walk walk walk which is easy to do in NYC...dont forget your goals....I know Samantha wouldnt forget hers ..*winks* .....enjoy your trip:flowerforyou: