I didn't know I was Pregnant

Options
phattiepatty
phattiepatty Posts: 14 Member
You ever sit there, have a gas bubble in your gut and wonder, shoot, could that have been a kick? That show has made me certifiably crazy.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    :laugh: My baby factory was closed for good 8 years ago and I still feel phantom kicks!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I still feel those pseudo kicks too LOL... I am on my placebo week of birth control right now and then we are going to try to get pregnant (so keep us in your thoughts! lol).. But ever since my son was born, every little twitch reminds me of him kicking... Glad to hear I'm not alone =)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I go through periods when I am sick to my stomach every morning, everything makes me gag, my sense of smell is sensitive and I am exhausted. I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago and still the first thing to cross my mind is "pregnant?" Of course I have 4 kids so maybe it is more a habit than anything...:laugh:
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I get those things that feel like kicks too. So wierd....
  • phattiepatty
    phattiepatty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well i wanna have a child so bad but my OBGYN, husband and I all agree I need to get my health better. And being so overweight isn't okay. My BP was an issue, I had preeclampsia, was on bed rest. All sortsof stuff. Maybe it wishful thinking. But man sometimes I will sit there and just feel a twinge and be like OMG what if I am like 7 months pregnant and don't even know it!?!?!??! But then again, Aunt Flow always rears her ugly lil head
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I go through periods when I am sick to my stomach every morning, everything makes me gag, my sense of smell is sensitive and I am exhausted. I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago and still the first thing to cross my mind is "pregnant?" Of course I have 4 kids so maybe it is more a habit than anything...:laugh:

I have those morning sickness periods also but mine is acid reflux! Get u some pepcid and take one when u feel it coming on and it will work wonders i promise
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I so miss that feeling... :sad:
    I'd do it over again..and again..and again..lol.

PS. Labor was only 45 minutes..so yeah..I'd go through it again.. :bigsmile:
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I used to freak out watching that show, until I was pregnant and 250 pounds. I am way more skeptical since I went through it... there are so many many signs... how do you not see the movement in your stomach? I had a really rough pregnancy though, so maybe some people are just luckier and feel nothing....
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That show has made me so paranoid. If I'm having a stomach ache or cramps one day, i'm just like "omg I must be going into labor". hahaha.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    Options

I have those morning sickness periods also but mine is acid reflux! Get u some pepcid and take one when u feel it coming on and it will work wonders i promise

I will try that! Since it doesn't burn I never even considered acid reflux. Thanks!

I so miss that feeling...
    I'd do it over again..and again..and again..lol.

PS. Labor was only 45 minutes..so yeah..I'd go through it again..

My labors definitely got easier with each baby. My first was 44 1/2 hours of hard labor on pitocin. I pushed 3 1/2 of those hours and at one point told the doctor to cut him out of me! My last labor was a breeze, pitocin started at 2, baby was out by 3:42. It helped the epidural actually worked with the last one! :wink:
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That show stirs up so many emotions in me.

First shock and confusion (Now I've never been pregnant and birth control regulates my period, so i find it highly unlikely that I will ever be in that situation, but i do freak out if I could be that unaware of my body) I'm always like WTF in the episodes. (especially the ones who already had kids)

Then anger ( I had a friend who was trying to get pregnant and miscarried 3 times in 7 months, she was doing everything in her power to have a healthy pregnancy and it was heartache to watch her go through that, but here are these people who don't do anything in prenatal care and have perfectly healthy babies, so yeah it angers me.

then i'm just dumbfounded by the whole ordeal.
    Yet whenever i see it's on in marathon form, i'm glued to the tv.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I had a teacher who said her mother didn't know she was pregnant until she gave birth so it does happen in real life!!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I just can't see how someone can't know they are pregnant! I mean, the kicks, the outline of their feet on one's belly ( very horror-movie like), the leaking milk....I just don't get it.
    But yeah I was nauseated and smell-sensitive last week (PMS) and it felt like the first weeks of pregnancy...I knew I wasn't, but the thought was still there haha.
    I had a 45 minute labor too...and I would never eeevvverr eeeeevvvvver do it again! No way no how. They gave me a damn enema...an enema!! Right in the middle of it all I had to get up and sit on the toilet and I was so scared my son would come out into all that!!! In the effing toilet!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow... I'm always amazed by that show, but it obviously doesn't effect me like some others!
    I guess we're drawn in to what we relate to... I get glued to the TV whenever Hoarders comes on... I have always feared that my dad and step-mom will end up living like that.
    At any rate, I hope you continue to make great strides with your weight... the health issues will get better too... and are able to move on with your dreams to expand your family :-)

Good luck!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    LOL I know I'm pregnant, but I can now fully understand how the women didn't know to a point. I mean now at 35 weeks the kicks and rolls are definitely not something I would see or feel if I wasn't pregnant, but I never had morning sickness and had times when I'd go a couple months without a period, so not seeing it for 9 months I'd just chalk up to my dieting and everything else..I never understood before how someone could not know, but I can totally see it now.
  • Maggie821
    Maggie821 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think at some point - you know (and i'm not talking bout delivery!!) Congrats on your pregnancy - I'm past that stage of my life and am looking forward to the possibility of grandchildren (will know more tomorrow!)

I loved being pregnant with my 3 children - each pregnancy was different as was each delivery (and each child has their own personality, for sure!!). It's truly one of the best experiences in this lifetime!
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That show has made me so paranoid. If I'm having a stomach ache or cramps one day, i'm just like "omg I must be going into labor". hahaha.

Me too!
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I know someone who didn't know. I'm not sure how she didn't know, a bunch of people suspected and even asked her which made her quite mad. And she swears she didn't know, despite going to at least one doctor for other things (symptoms) and what is even funnier her father is a doctor.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just can't see how someone can't know they are pregnant! I mean, the kicks, the outline of their feet on one's belly ( very horror-movie like), the leaking milk....I just don't get it.
    But yeah I was nauseated and smell-sensitive last week (PMS) and it felt like the first weeks of pregnancy...I knew I wasn't, but the thought was still there haha.
    I had a 45 minute labor too...and I would never eeevvverr eeeeevvvvver do it again! No way no how. They gave me a damn enema...an enema!! Right in the middle of it all I had to get up and sit on the toilet and I was so scared my son would come out into all that!!! In the effing toilet!

Very possible.I carried my daughter(my 3rd child) full term,worked and even went horseback riding the day she was delivered and didn't know I was pregant,She weigh 6 lbs7 oz. .I didn't gain any weight ,was sick either.But I only weight 100 lbs back then.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    Options
    My mom found out she was pregnant with me when she was 5.5 months. My grandmother told her she looked pg and urged her to go to the doctor. Since my mom had 8 miscarriages before me, she didn't believe she was. She thought she gained weight over the holidays and her and my biological father had been separated for a few months. Once she went to the doctor she hit the point in her pregnancy where she seemed to pop overnight. No doubt at that point!

I also find it frustrating to watch sometimes because I have had 4 miscarriages, a delivery at 18 weeks (she was stillborn, my only girl), and then my 3 boys. I also get SO angry when I hear about newborns being abandoned or babies who suffer from child abuse. In our area we have had quite a few infants killed by their own parents lately. I would give anything to have my daughter, how can they do that to their own child?