Do any of you step on the scale more than 1 time when weighi

Options
I am not talking about more than once a week. I am talking about the day you have set to weigh yourself and you log it. I have a weight watchers scale and I usually step on it 2 to 3 times whebn I do my weigh in and alot of the time it will say different numbers like 3lbs apart! I know my battery is getting low but I am sure its been doing that the whole time I have had it. What kind of scale do you use and does yours do the same?

Replies

• TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The first number on my scale is almost always three pounds high (it's even in the reviews for the product), so I always step on it two or three times after to get the consistent number. Even letting it turn off before stepping on it gives me the second number again, so that's the one I go with.
  • Pamela140
    Pamela140 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use the weight watcher scale too and it does the same thing. I can get on and off a few times to see what happens and then I go with the one that is consistent.
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have issues with the scale and actually compulsively weigh all day long, but my new scale gives me the same number during one session of compulsive weighing. NOTE: I do know that it is not healthy to weigh as many times in a day as I do, my doctor had me log it for a week and it is over 100 times a day! I am however currently working with her on that as well as my weight loss journey. But my answer is my scale will give me the same number the first time and the 10th time and all the times in between every single time, but it is also in the exact same spot at all times. My roommate fixed it so it will not move unless I pick it up and do so. That is a factor sometimes (often) in the varying numbers.
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Glad I don't have a weight watchers scale! I would hate that! I have a Health O Meter. Very consistent and I've had it for years.
  • ashliehawk
    Options
    I use the weight watcher scale too and it does the same thing. I can get on and off a few times to see what happens and then I go with the one that is consistent.

I do the same but they are both consistent about 3 times each.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap scale from walmart. I weighed myself last week before going to the doctor (no shoes/clothes/jewelry/make up ha ha) and it was 3lbs less than the doctor's scale. I figured that's about right even though I tried to tell the nurse my clothes and shoes easily weigh 20lbs! :laugh:
  • ashliehawk
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am glad to see I am not the only one that has this problem. Just not sure if I want to log either one because I don't want to over or under my weight and throw me off next week. Maybe I should go with the smaller number becuase I did put on my size 5 jeans :)
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I do it every time I weigh, my scale gives me a different weights for the first 3 times....so I keep weighing until I get the same number at least 3 times. I need something more reliable....what brand does everyone else use?
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    That is frustrating! I used to be obsessive about it. I am better now and fight the urge to "test it" occasionally. I have a digital THINNER scale. I go for 2 out of 3. Right or wrong, I step on get the number and step off. I step back on in a few seconds and if it is the same weight I take it. I know that if I come back in 5 minutes the game will be on. I know the object is to lose weight over time. I am a daily weigher so that could be why my weight has wild swings, too when I think I don't deserve them. I say go for two out of three. Which ever weight comes up twice FIRSTS wins! Tomorrow you get to play again!
  • bas1955
    bas1955 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    After much agonizing over which of the widely differing set so results the WW scale gave us, we opted for a scale that is at least consistent. Multiple results is a little bit like the person with two watches - s/he never really knows what time it is ;-)
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I was pretty compulsive too. Typically the 2nd or 3rd time was right. Only usually 1 or 2 lbs off. Depends on when you do it etc. I started hiding my scale away. I mean I know where it is but if I don't have it accessible I weigh every day and every second... I weigh morning noon night... just to see my water flux. I have made it like two days so far without stepping on it once. What a freeing feeling.
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I weigh about 3 times if I think it's too high, lol. I think my floor is uneven in the bathroom bc sometimes if I move the scale it shows a 2 or 3 lb difference. But I think my scale is somewhat reliable because most of the time if I weigh a few times in a row it gives the exact same number, down to the 10th of a lb.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    YES!! Who doesn't??????
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You need a scale that is consistent. It doesn't matter if t weighs the same as another scale, What matters is consistency. I bought my scale from Walmart for like $25 and I can step on it 30 times in a row and it will show the same weight. Try new batteries, but you probably need to go buy a new scale.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Change your battery.

I personally step on it twice. If the number is both the same, that's my number. If not, I continue until I get the same number twice in a row.

It's just a unit of measure to be certain you're on the right track.
  • miw14
    miw14 Posts: 43
    Options
    I step on usually 3 times, or until I get a consistent weight.
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do it every time I weigh, my scale gives me a different weights for the first 3 times....so I keep weighing until I get the same number at least 3 times. I need something more reliable....what brand does everyone else use?

Mine is a Health O Meter- Weight trend tracker, actually has settings for multiple people to use and stores numbers for each person up to 4 or 5 I think and also gives a BMI each time, tells you if you fluctuate up or down by something like 2 lbs or something. The indicator turns red. I really like it, and it always gives the same number.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always step a few times. I find that the number my scale gives the first time or even the first two times is often different than the consistant number after that.

That's what I get for getting the cheapest scale at the store :P
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has a Weight Watchers scale and it would do the same thing. So, I did some research and found this scale with thousands of reviews AND nearly 5 stars on Amazon ... It also came with a measurement tape which was lagniappe!

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Premium-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B002MK6QKO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1330272233&sr=8-5

I love it. Eat Smart's other products are just as good it seems!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I only step on it once. It is pretty consistent.

Although, sometimes I weigh myself a couple of times per day - once in the morning and then again at night. This helps me to see the average amount my body fluctuates during the day (which surprisingly is usually 1-2lbs...).