small success but so happy about it!

Options
DeeDeeLHF
DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
This may sound really weird but I am so happy about this.:blushing:

I went to the MD this week (been sick for over a week, Strep throat!), well that is the bad news but the good news is when I got on the scale!

Ya know how on the old fashioned doctor scales you move the big clunky weight from 0 to 50 to 100 to 150 to 200 etc.

Well, for the past 4 years I have been above the 150 mark (183 being my heaviest), well today I weighed in at just under 149 on the doctors scale (clothes on, after lunch etc.)

It was so fun to see the clunky one stay at 100 instead of 150:bigsmile: and then just slide the other!

I am looking forward to sliding the other bar down even further.

I have a follow up exam in June and promised my doctor that it would be even lower!:drinker:

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    This may sound really weird but I am so happy about this.:blushing:

I went to the MD this week (been sick for over a week, Strep throat!), well that is the bad news but the good news is when I got on the scale!

Ya know how on the old fashioned doctor scales you move the big clunky weight from 0 to 50 to 100 to 150 to 200 etc.

Well, for the past 4 years I have been above the 150 mark (183 being my heaviest), well today I weighed in at just under 149 on the doctors scale (clothes on, after lunch etc.)

It was so fun to see the clunky one stay at 100 instead of 150:bigsmile: and then just slide the other!

I am looking forward to sliding the other bar down even further.

I have a follow up exam in June and promised my doctor that it would be even lower!:drinker:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    congrats, sorry about the strep throat it's no fun my 13 year old has it right now and has been home all week the only bonus is he's alot quieter:happy:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    That is not a small success, that is huge!! You have every right to be proud! Good for you!!:drinker:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    I agree...that's not a little success, its a big one!!! Its the milestones that keep us motivated and moving in that healthy direction

WTG you!!!:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats on the doctors scale reading, that is so awesome. I hate the doctors scales. I am sorry about the strep throat though, that stuff is terrible. I hope you feel better soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!