5'4" females..goal weight? Daily calorie intake?

Options

Replies

• _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    5'4
    CW: 160
    GW: 136
    Calories: 1200 (although I do try to eat back some of my exercise calroies)

I am going to start New Rules of Lifting for Women soon and am going to up my calories.
  • brownsugah76010
    Options
    I started 188 and have lost 12 lbs as of today. I have remained at 1200 calories since the beginning and it seems to be working for me. I don't lose weight every week but I also measured myself and have seen a change there when I don't see any on the scale. I LOVE this website and tell everyone I know about it!!! My goal is 150 but would like to get down to abt 140. ONE DAY AT A TIME!!
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I have my goal weight set at 130 though I would be very happy to get to 140. So I have 19-29 lbs. to go....we will see. My calorie goal is 1350 and I usually eat at least half of my exercise calories. I just started Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack, did day 2 today...I am hoping for some nice results from it. I did the Shred and Ripped in 30 and lost 8 inches each time, along w/ 6 lbs. per time. :happy:
  • ex2mom
    Options
    I'm 5'4. I used to be happy at 145 before kids. NOW, after two kids I'm at 130. Shooting for 125 and then will reevaluate. I am sad I've lost my boobs though. :( My highest weight was 193 in April 2011. I keep my calories at 1200 and run 50 minutes three times a week.
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I'm 5'3¾" and I started weighing 170lbs sticking to 1200 cals a day (more on the days I exercise). I increased my cal intake once I got stuck in a bit of a rut of not losing. My current weight is 134lbs with a UGW of 126 and my daily intake is around 1420 (more on the days I exercise) with a goal of losing .5lb per week to get rid of the last 8lbs (hopefully, at some point).
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    5'4" exactly.

I hope to get down to 140 by July, and then possibly 135 by the end of summer, but I'm not sure if that is going to be too skinny for me. (I love my curves and don't want to lose them.)

daily calories: 1490 (on an average day I consume around 1300, on days where I have a good workout I make sure to net the 1490, which means i'm eating around 1800-1900)
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" and my goal weight is 145lbs. My MFP set me up with a 1200 calorie intake but I have been doing a little less than that. So far I have done great. I am on day 50 and have lost 21lbs. Yes, at first it felt like I was starving myself but now, I don't feel hungry all the time. My body is used to it. Plus, I have been working out at both gym and home. Fitness games on consoles work great for days that I don't feel like driving to the gym. Friday's and Sunday's I go over my 1200 calories but those are night outs so I figure it's ok to cheat EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    5'4" on the dot, CW is 146, GW is 125, and my intake is supposed to be at about 1,320 a day
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow - I kind of feel like a schmuck now. I was in to see my doctor Friday and told him I need a goal weight both for my TOPS membership and now this and we set a goal weight of 175# for now. I've been as high as 290 (years ago) and worked my way down to about 247 (so over the course of about 10 years!) at the beginning of this year. When I started mfp 2 weeks ago I weighed 237. I wanted a goal that would be attainable by my 60th birthday in September and with BMI and diabetes etc. to consider my doctor and I both thought 175 would be a good goal for now. However, when I approach that, I will consider lowering it but I'm 60 years old and I don't want to be 120# but by reaching 175 or even 150, I will be relieved of my medications and be healthy and that's so what I want!! I marvel at everything I read on this board and am so glad I found this site. I'm trying to stay within 1200 calories a day but still have a problem with "junk food"; however the BIG difference is everything I put in the mouth goes on the food chart!! It's so easy there just is no excuse!

Do not base your goals on anyone else's goal. I see a lot of women our height who want to be 120lbs or less. There is NO WAY I want to be that thin. I have a larger frame and I would look skeletal at that weight. I don't worry about anyone else's goal. Focus on what feels comfortable for YOU. When you get to 175lbs, re-evaluate.

Good Luck!

^^^ THIS! My goal is set at 153, I am 5'4" I know I am comfortable and look ok between 10.7 and 11stone. At nearly 52, I've no desire to be what I was in my 20's :happy:
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Worst weight: 145
    Current weight: 130
    Goal weight: 115-118
    Daily calorie intake: 1200
    Calories burned from exercise per week: 1600
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    5'4" exactly.

I hope to get down to 140 by July, and then possibly 135 by the end of summer, but I'm not sure if that is going to be too skinny for me. (I love my curves and don't want to lose them.)

daily calories: 1490 (on an average day I consume around 1300, on days where I have a good workout I make sure to net the 1490, which means i'm eating around 1800-1900)

I have just got down to the 134lbs mark and luckily I've kept a hold of my curves, in fact they are probably more pronounced now and I have started to love my hour glass figure! Hope you hang onto yours too! :smile:
  • Nyeemwong
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my ultimate goal weight is 120. I do have some checkpoints in between (well, every four pounds) so it'll give me a sense of achievement. My current weight is 140 and have been trying to lose another two pounds for two weeks now. However, I started doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 so hopefully I'll persevere and get good results. :)
    Daily intake/calorie goal: 1200. I eat clean and even with snacks in between I can't seem to reach 1200 at times. But I try not to count calories too much 'cause that's just giving me more stress. Just stay happy! :D
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options

I have just got down to the 134lbs mark and luckily I've kept a hold of my curves, in fact they are probably more pronounced now and I have started to love my hour glass figure! Hope you hang onto yours too! :smile:

I agree, curves aren't going to disappear with weight loss, if anything they become enhanced! People will notice your hourglass even more when you're fitter :]
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, and my goal weight is 140. There will be a massive happy dance when I hit that number!

ETA - I try to net around 1300 calories/day.
  • Cityperks
    Cityperks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    CW between 118 - 122
    Eating 1500 - 2200 calories per day....on a piggy day much more.
    I use a FitBit and follow my cals from that. I haven't been doing much working out apart from walking and chasing after my toddler! The FitBit does motivate me to do extra stairs and walking. I will be starting 30 Day Shred and other circuit/strength training DVD's this week ;0)
    I am more interested in body shape than just focusing on weight!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently weigh 122-123. My goal weight is 118-120....wherever it falls is fine with me. I'm pretty much there so I'm eating just a smidge under my TDEE....my current intake is almost always 2000-2200 calories a day, sometimes as low as 1800-1900, sometimes 2300+. I wear a BMF and track my calories burned that way.
  • dreamy885
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.5", I don't have a certain weight in mind, but I'd like to be a size 9 or even better, a 7 (juniors) again. Right now I wear 11 and some 13's. I have been 145 for a solid 8 or 9 years (minus during pregnancies), and I've finally gotten below it! The sky is the limit for me now :) My caloric intake was 1350, but I changed it to lose only half a pound a week instead of a full pound, mainly because
    I'm breast feeding, so its 1550 now. I also recently started using kettle bells, as I heard lifting can really help tone you up, and I'm on a restriction for lifting.
  • johanaaah
    johanaaah Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 currently 156 lbs....My goal is 120. My daily calorie intake is 1290, and on days I excercise I'm allowed those extra calories, but I choose not to use all of them...Always remember body composition, some people have bigger or smaller frames.

Good luck!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3.5 and weigh 112.2 pounds. I eat 1550 calories a day (plus any burned with exercise).

I'm not too focused with a goal weight per-say. Weight is probably the least accurate measurement one could take. I have a goal body fat % of 16% with maybe 3-4 pounds of muscle added on? I should end up being right about where I am "weight" wise. But very different body composition wise. :)