how to battle a sugar high?

Options
I just ate way too many chocolate chips and now I feel awful. I actually feel high. Do I only have to wait it out or is there something I can do to bring my blood sugar down? Also of course not doing this again.

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I just ate way too many chocolate chips and now I feel awful. I actually feel high. Do I only have to wait it out or is there something I can do to bring my blood sugar down? Also of course not doing this again.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water and try something that is pure protein and a bit of fat....In other words, if you do it again, try peanut butter with those chocolate chips! (joking!!)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    eat some protein and drink plenty of water
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Use it! Hope on the treadmill or do some high impact aerobics. Works every time for me!:flowerforyou:
  • lmarcott
    lmarcott Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Use it! Hope on the treadmill or do some high impact aerobics. Works every time for me!:flowerforyou:

Good idea, run off the chips! I like how you think.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    have a chunk of real cheese
    or peanut butter

but HURRY

or else the roof will start leaking
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Even taking a walk will help some! Drink some water, eat something like peanut butter, avocado, some cheese. Other than that - time girl time. Oh, and learning a lesson :grumble: Next time less chocolate chips!!
  • godsgrl
    godsgrl Posts: 49
    Options
    I agree with ivykivy ... enjoy it! It's probably not just the sugar but a combo of things .... chocolate affects me that way too. (Caffeine, anyone?) Makes me feel like I could conquer the world, but in a bad way. I have to ride it out, nothing seems to help me. Let me know if you discover the antidote!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    It seems over now. It was really scary, I don't like that feeling. Yeah, I just had to wait for it to end. I used to be able to eat all the sugar I wanted but since I've started cutting out (or at least reducing) how much sweets and fatty food I eat, it really effects me. I guess that means it really is bad. I just don't have the tolerance anymore.