No weight loss for almost 3 weeks! Help!

Options
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am 37, 5"8, 205 lbs, exercise 3 x week aerobics (low impact), drink only water and tea and stick to my calorie goals most days. I have made my food diary public so you can tell me what I am eating wrong!! I am so discouraged! I'm not giving up by any means, but not seeing the scale move for almost 3 weeks is very upsetting! Some have told me to eat more calories...so I have increased by 200-300 calories the last 5 days with no luck there either!!

Replies

• saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not a pro in this department since my loss is slow too but I find that if I don't keep my carbs at less than 90, I don't lose much even when I've tripled my exercise. I have lost inches, but not as many pounds. Perhaps try fewer carbs in food?
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It can take longer for the increase to take effect. I do think you are eating too little. Your BMR is around 1600 - thats if you are laying in bed all day. I am 41 and 5'6" - when I first starting successfully losing back in 2010, I was 183, and was losing pretty well on 1500 cal. I lost 20 or so, and then gained a little back in 2011. I started on MFP last fall at 165 and was eating 1240 plus exercise calories and lost fairly well, but as I have gotten closer to my goal, I have started worrying about slowing down my metabolism, and upped my calories to 1440 (again, plus exercise cals - most days I am eating over 1700). (My BMR is around 1335) Since I did that I am averaging a pound a week. Some weeks I don't lose, and then suddenly I do lose a few pounds. Don't get discouraged - just stick to it. Your metabolism is probably messed up from all your dieting. You want to make a change for life - something that you can sustain. Also, what has really helped me is a combination of running 3x a week (I am in the last week of C25K), and initially doing 30DS and Ripped in 30, and now kettlebell workouts - I am really getting stronger, and that helps burn calories too.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sometimes changing up your exercise routine helps. Do you do the same workout every week? Any strength training mixed in, either with weights or your own body weight (like push ups, squats, etc)?