Skinny Friends

Options
I have a group of friends and I love all of those girls. HOWEVER, they are around my height (5'6") and are just skinny in nature I am talking 100 lbs. All of them eat like there is no tomorrow and still are skinny. On the other hand, I am more active and exercise to try to lose weight. My goal is to get to about 130-135lbs. Currently I am around 145. Whenever I see pictures of us together, I look like a huge WHALE! I was looking through our pictures and it was a little depressing...Just wanted to share my frustration with MFP community.

ANDDD to top it all off, I have been exercising and eating right but have only lost about .4 lbs in 3 months. My motivation is about to fall but I know that these are the times I must keep going. I know weight loss is slow and I am totally fine if it takes me 1 year or 2 to get to my goal weight but that just leaves more time for failures and moments of frustration like today.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    well, your friends are ABNORMALLY skinny. I think comparing yourself to them is just a wicked wicked thing to do because they aren't the norm nor are NORMAL people healthy at that weight. you can only be the best YOU and that is more than good enough. try to be positive and focus on yourself instead of how you compare to other people. you can get to goal--just keep your eye on the prize and take it slow.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    my best friend is very supportive of me, but she is super skinny. she eats anything she wants, and its annoying. but thats how it is, and i cant get mad at her when shes asks if she can get some chips in the middle of the night...well, maybe i can. lol
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My best friend is not just skinny. She is super fit and skinny without even trying. She is a gogo dancer and completely gorgeous. When we were in highschool people who didn't know us would see our picture (of us together) and ask if I was her mother.

She's really supportive of me though - even from where she is (in Japan) right now. I will never be as small as her - we are completely different body types, I am just trying to get to a point where I am comfortable in my own skin. So what if she can eat what she wants and not gain a pound. I know for a fact that she hates her body as much as I hate mine. When I reach my goal I am going to appreciate it so much more because I will have worked hard to get there.