NSV Running!

Options
kerrymh
kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
I started my journey almost 3 years ago. Started off trying to make a lifestyle change by walking 60k over a weekend with my mother for breast cancer. I wish I knew how to post pictures as I have one. Anyway I was 350lbs and finished last both days but I still finished. I didn't end up keeping my lifestyle change up for another half year when I had banding surgery and started on MFP and food addiction groups. I lost a significant amount of wt and knew I had to find something I could do consistently to exercise that I enjoyed. I joined the running room learn to run in the summer of 2011....if you would have told me 2 years ago on my surgery bed that I would be a runner ever in my life I would have laughed in your face!
Now my best friends are my running buddies, we have a core group that has stuck together and its my social time as well as exercise, it's also my sanity. Do I make every night?.no, do I run every day of the week? no But I do miss it if I can't go, and I love it when I'm there most days..except hills training :(.

Today I ran 10k in 90mins, that is a complete and total miracle for someone who thought she was going to die from obesity related causes 2 years ago at 32 yo I was 390lbs..today I ran 10k...I`m a little shocked and a lot happy. MFP is a great tool and I love the encouragement I get from my friends on here..some who I know and are my running buddies but most who are all over the world..anyone can do anything when you believe its possible.

Replies

• tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    Wow. That's amazing!
    I hope to one day be a great runner too.
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    Awesome job. Inspirational. You have come a long way and you saw all of your hard work pay off today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!