Options
2»

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've been to a few proms....I think the best part is the day/weekend after
    Here is Northern NJ we all rent a bus and hit the Jersey shore for the weekend

Funny story though..I was in the limo with my date and a few other couples,...I had an off the shoulder dress and my date was leaning against me and I rushed forward to grab something and heard a RIP...it was my dress...my shoulder piece ripped off and I was 'exposed'
    Be careful ;)

Have a blast!
    Kim
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    You might want to check to see if your prom has dinner...the proms around here, you go and pay for your own dinner at a restauraunt... (sadly, I never want *long story, had my dress & everything!*:frown: )

I think that you'll have fun!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    You might want to check to see if your prom has dinner...the proms around here, you go and pay for your own dinner at a restauraunt... (sadly, I never want *long story, had my dress & everything!*:frown: )

I think that you'll have fun!

It's the same around here. Dinner on your own at a restaurant. The prom is a dance with a grand march held at school. One of the schools has done the grand march at school and then the dance at the a county club/golf course.
    Another school does a really nice all night after prom party. Lot's of food and things to do. They get donations and give away tvs, ipods, bikes..... It's really well attended.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My prom was in 1981. My date was my boyfriend who I had been dating for about 8 months. My Mom made my dress which was powder blue and my date had a powder blue tux with dark blue trim (so sexy). He was a college student and had no money so my Mom went and got a corsage but did not tell me it was her that got it. She pretended it was from him ( I found out after).

We had dinner and dancing but since I had a curfew, I was home by midnight. Just call me Cinderella!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've been to a few proms....I think the best part is the day/weekend after
    Here is Northern NJ we all rent a bus and hit the Jersey shore for the weekend

Funny story though..I was in the limo with my date and a few other couples,...I had an off the shoulder dress and my date was leaning against me and I rushed forward to grab something and heard a RIP...it was my dress...my shoulder piece ripped off and I was 'exposed'
    Be careful ;)

Have a blast!
    Kim

Oh Kim! What did you do? Was that at the beginning or end of the night!?!?
    :ohwell: :tongue:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I went to prom as a sophomore, junior, and senior.

Dinner, the prom, some after party (which was mostly me and my friends gathering at a coffee shop or bowling or somewhere else fun but 'safe' -- we only partied my senior year).

Take lots of pictures. Those pictures are great.
    Make the waiter/waitress take group photos at dinner.
    Don't forget to get him a bouteneirre (even though I can't spell it --- the flower for his lapel).
    He should get you a corsage -- let him know if you are wearing a strappy dress with no where to pin it on your chest and he can get a wristlet (a bracelet corsage, essentially).
    Take some comfy flip flops... you may need them later in the evening!

ENJOY THE EVENING BEING DRESSED LIKE A PRINCESS!
    And take LOTS of pictures to come back and share with us!!

In my opinion. movie proms are nothing like real proms. Our school didn't allow a king and queen (due to previous race riots in our area decades ago) so we had none of that, just music and dancing and sitting at the tables chatting with friends and their dates. We had our prom at a local convention center. I don't know of any local schools in my area that actually held their proms in their gyms.

HAVE FUN TUBA KATE!
  • TubaGirl
    TubaGirl Posts: 58
    Options
    I am wearing a strapless dress that is to the floor and I have to wear like extra high heels cause I can't get it shorted. My feet some how do not get tired from heels. :laugh: Even if I am walking in the ALL day! My mom added me to this site because I am slightly over weight. I am not in high school yet. :smile: She joined me so I can ask questions and figure out how my body works and a good way to keep track of what I eat and everything. I am an 8th grader... So I am REALLY excited that I was asked to prom of all people. So yea. Wow. :smile:

Tuba Girl Kate
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    What' color is your dress??? When is it????

Congrats!!! :drinker:
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    My dress is white. And a black ribbon at the top as a border. It is completely fitting 'till the hip thne is flares out a little bit. It has black flowers all over it with little tiny sparkles on it. :smile: Does it sound pretty? I don't discribe clothes very well unless it is plain. :laugh: Whne I figure out how to get pictures onto my computer with my new camera and figure out how to post them on here, I certinly will. I hope you guys like it. I really do. But there is a slight tear :mad: :explode: :angry: :grumble: But my mom can sew it and fix it so it will be like new! When I put it on in the dressing room my ring caught it... :embarassed: LUCKILY it was my size and fit me perfectly!
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    Oh, it will be on May 2nd!

Tuba Girl Kate
  • Shannon023
    Options
    My dress is white. And a black ribbon at the top as a border. It is completely fitting 'till the hip thne is flares out a little bit. It has black flowers all over it with little tiny sparkles on it. :smile: Does it sound pretty? I don't discribe clothes very well unless it is plain. :laugh: Whne I figure out how to get pictures onto my computer with my new camera and figure out how to post them on here, I certinly will. I hope you guys like it. I really do. But there is a slight tear :mad: :explode: :angry: :grumble: But my mom can sew it and fix it so it will be like new! When I put it on in the dressing room my ring caught it... :embarassed: LUCKILY it was my size and fit me perfectly!

Plenty of time to repair! You'll have to:

1. take pics of you in the dress
    2. take pics of you and your date
    3. tell us everything when it's over :smokin:

Signed,

Happy for you!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    Trust me in between the pictures my mom will take of me (Before I get dolled up, getting dolled up, and being dolled up) and the pictures me and him will take. There will be PLENTY to pass around. :smile: My date is not hot, let me jsut wanr all of you. He is much more on the geeky side. :laugh: And he knows it. But I don't go for what he is. I go for who he is. So, yea. But I think he will look great. And I sure hope he is getting a black tux. . . . I think his mom will make sure he does. No so no need to hope and pray. Lol.

Tuba Girl Kate
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Trust me in between the pictures my mom will take of me (Before I get dolled up, getting dolled up, and being dolled up) and the pictures me and him will take. There will be PLENTY to pass around. :smile: My date is not hot, let me jsut wanr all of you. He is much more on the geeky side. :laugh: And he knows it. But I don't go for what he is. I go for who he is. So, yea. But I think he will look great. And I sure hope he is getting a black tux. . . . I think his mom will make sure he does. No so no need to hope and pray. Lol.

Tuba Girl Kate

Geeks run all the companies and make the most money. :smokin:

Go for the geeks!!! :bigsmile:
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    Yea. All my boyfriends and all the guys I have ever looked at have all some home been either a little geeky to like band geek like me. :laugh: In the end I think all girls/women go for the brains and the looks if they can get it. :wink: Not just looks. Well the smart girls/women.

Tuba Girl Kate
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a strapless dress that is to the floor and I have to wear like extra high heels cause I can't get it shorted. My feet some how do not get tired from heels. :laugh: Even if I am walking in the ALL day! My mom added me to this site because I am slightly over weight. I am not in high school yet. :smile: She joined me so I can ask questions and figure out how my body works and a good way to keep track of what I eat and everything. I am an 8th grader... So I am REALLY excited that I was asked to prom of all people. So yea. Wow. :smile:

Tuba Girl Kate

Wow, I didn't know they let middle schoolers go to the prom!!!

I don't think they do at our schools anymore...:smile:

Do hope you have fun tho..!
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    Well, he said "anyone" can come... I hope he is right. Uh oh. I didn't think of that. :frown:

Tuba Girl Kate
  • TubaGirl
    Options
    Well, thanks guys for telling me what happens, telling me stories, giving me tips, and getting excited and wanting to see pictures. :smile: I appritiate it.

Thanks!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Tuba Girl Kate