Key To Not Getting Comfy With Your Weight Loss....

Options
MissGorgeous
MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
Things That Help Me Not Get Too Comfy At My Current Weight
i used to lose 30-40pounds and then get comfy....but these things helped me keep going

1) Get rid of clothes that become loose...replace with something almost too tight

2) Weigh your self prior to eating

3) Always buy clothes that you fit...but would fit better if you lost 3to5 pounds

4) Goal pants....the size you untimatley want to be
try them on weekly....even if only your big toe fits in them (haha)

5) Look in the mirror naked....(this one makes me suddenly not hungry EVERY TIME)

6) Remind yourself daily...you are not there yet....doing good yes...but not looking as great as you will at your goal!

7) Focus on what you want to look like....how good you can look...not on how much better you already look

8) Dont reward weightloss with food...its kinda counterproductive
when you think about it...

9) Read books and magazines about weight loss

10) Just do it!

Replies

• MissGorgeous
    Options
    Things That Help Me Not Get Too Comfy At My Current Weight
    i used to lose 30-40pounds and then get comfy....but these things helped me keep going

1) Get rid of clothes that become loose...replace with something almost too tight

2) Weigh your self prior to eating

3) Always buy clothes that you fit...but would fit better if you lost 3to5 pounds

4) Goal pants....the size you untimatley want to be
    try them on weekly....even if only your big toe fits in them (haha)

5) Look in the mirror naked....(this one makes me suddenly not hungry EVERY TIME)

6) Remind yourself daily...you are not there yet....doing good yes...but not looking as great as you will at your goal!

7) Focus on what you want to look like....how good you can look...not on how much better you already look

8) Dont reward weightloss with food...its kinda counterproductive
    when you think about it...

9) Read books and magazines about weight loss

10) Just do it!
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    I'd like to get rid of loose clothes, but my hubby told me last time I did that that I should hold onto them "just in case." I think it would be better for me mentally if I did get rid of them, so that I won't have that to fall back on. If my clothes are getting tight, then I would HAVE to lose weight. I don't know about buying clothes that are tight... it's embarassing! But I guess you mean because it will make you just uncomfortable enough to keep on keepin on, right? Whatever... you've lost 95, I've lost 24.... I think I'm listening to YOU!! :laugh:

Got any more pearls of wisdom? I'm drinking this all in... :)

THANKS!!!
    Leslie
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I like this! That is so where I am at. Just stuck! Mentally and everything. Thanks for posting this...next pay check I'm taking all my pants in to get taken in!!! :)
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Options
    Love it!!! I am happy with my weight loss but could still stand to lose 8 more pounds. But now that my clothes are fitting better and people are starting to notice the "skinny me," I have become comfy. Great tips to keep on trying. Thanks for the motivation.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I would to do #1... except all my pants mysteriously vanished (WTF?), and all i have left are old pants that I can now pull on and off without unzipping. :laugh: I have pants that I JUST fit in that i can wear - except they're red. kinda stand out, but I guess that's all I have until I find the pile of my other pants somewhere. :explode:

I would buy jeans, but I don't want to get jeans until I know I won't have to toss them a month or two later. They're not the cheapest ever, and those that are cheap tend to look horrible on me because my rear-end to wait ratio is... large.

What are good jeans for those with curves?
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I think I will let go of the fat clothes too. Thanks!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    I decided to get rid of the fat clothes
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    yes....fat clothes....rid them!