I need rant proof friends... please?

Options
Hi guys.

I'm here again. I did a great job over the summer last year to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but once I started University in September all my good habits died a death. Instead of spending free time exercising and getting out and about, I spent every spare minute studying. I mean, it's doing me well all this studying - I'm getting an average of an A grade on my assignments, but it is playing hell with my health.

I've put on two stone since September. Two bleeding stone. That's 28lb!! I am absolutely horrified that i have let it get that bad.

Of course the whole not moving thing was a problem, but the shoveling of junk food into my gob didn't help either. Apparently a share size bag of malteasers is to be shared, who knew!

Anyway, now I have that confession off of my chest, I hope I haven't put anyone off.

I would like some friends on here. I only have two people on my friends list who are active anymore. I NEED the feedback, the support and encouragement that friends can bring who are sharing this journey. Please, is there anyone out there who can put up with this crazy lesbian, with her dry, snarky, british sense of humour and constant self doubt?

Replies

• jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Add me... I miss the UK
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    Add me - I want to be your friend because I love your hair!

And sharing food? That's just crazy! That's one of the reasons I avoid going to tapas restaurants!
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I make an effort to check everyone's feed every day to provide support. :)
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Add me, im i the UK and dont mind the ranting and snarky comments
  • Sy_MiAna_Kotik
    Options
    Add me, sugar, I'm in the US but I know all about needing to rant.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am supportive and enjoy snarky British lesbians.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Feel free to give me a shout out. I'm not in the UK but do have quite a few friends from there. And you can rant me as much as you wish, as long as you don't mind being called on it as well.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • dberry01
    dberry01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wouls be happy to help! Add me.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Love your hair! ...and I don't share well with others, well food anyway.

Welcome back. Rant away.
  • hobnobsmummy85
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • peaches712799
    peaches712799 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I don't have many MFP friends either, so would appreciate your support as well as giving you mine. :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Added you. :-)
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    dry, snarky, british sense of humour

Count me in :)
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i also need all the help i can get and dont mind a good rant every now and then, its good for ya :P
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Rant away! Add me if you like, I'm low key, but here every day. Love your hair, too.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I too suffer from an over active British Snark Gland. (Oooooh maybe we should form a club??? ) So if you want a kick up your union jacksy feel free to friend me. Or not. <shrug> Do I look bothered ? :laugh:
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm in Glasgow and will send you a friends request. I lost a lot of weight but regained most due to a post graduate course 2 years ago !!! so I can relate to the study and eat comby.
  • mrsred79
    Options
    dry, snarky, british sense of humour

Count me in :)

Ditto!! I'm not british...but some days I may as well be. ;)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am British, and I have a big sharers bar of chocolate right here... shame I'm home alone... the dog would help but it's poison to them so guess I'll just have to sacrifice myself