5 foot and under club :)

Options

Replies

• lillithlix
    Options
    I'm 4'9 and a half. I'm about 136lb at the moment but can so totally do with losing a bit more. I want to get down to about 110lb depending on how it looks. At my heaviest I was 165 and I didn't notice how big that was until I started losing the weight!
  • mlowson
    Options
    I'm approximately 4'10" 150 right now. I was about 180 back in 2002. Started working out got down to 150 ish. Sat on that felt good but then I saw a picture, recalled "still fat" do something else. In 2005 found this great gym, my son had a gym down stairs and we had all the great equipment but the big bonus was Les Mills programs. Fell in love with all of them. Toned a lot gained muscle tone, lost inches and felt good, still needed more. Read book and followed to a "T". Body for life for women. Started to keep a long of what I ate, every sugar, fat, cal. I also bumped up exercise to two cardios or one cardio class and elliptical or a cardio and Les Mills body pump, it started to come off first just a lb. a week, then two lbs...(got to 128-felt great, got tons of comments and stayed there for about 5 years, since then working and practically single mom, forgot i need to move to keep off weight). I'm starting that program again. Ohhh, I cut my sugar back to 30 grams a day, stayed away from pastas and white bread and rice...I'm not sure what help me the most...good luck.
  • simples88
    Options
    I'm 5ft and currently 137, I'd be really happy at 132 to be honest! I'm a curvy girl and at this weight I know I can maintain and look good in my clothes. If I achieve more then so be it, but it's important I can maintain my goal weight or otherwise what's the point?

Anyway, feel free to friend me
    :wink:
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, when I tell one of my (tall) friends that I want to be 118 and back into size 4, they act like I'm anorexic or something. I hear the "that's tiny!" all the time ... maybe it is, except that, heigh-wize, I AM tiny, so it really isn't that unreasonable a goal for me.
    Can't win for losing, can we :grumble: :laugh:

Amen!
    100lbs is perfectly reasonable for us shorties.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    5ft and currently around 127lbs, ultimate goal about 119lbs but even then I won't look skinny, I didn't when I got down to 121lbs!
  • kp3874
    Options
    I'm just over 5ft in socks, in the morning (before the vertebrae have time to compress...), and also think that BMI doesn't work too well at our end of the height scale - nor for athletes, bodybuilders, really tall people, etc.
    I have been lighter and still not felt as healthy as I am now. Although currently 17 weeks pregnant, so all calcualtions tend to go out the window!
    I train for strength and only measure weight as a step in calculating body fat % - which is a much more accurate indicator of "health" than just highly variable numbers on a scale :wink:

Great thread to start!
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am five foot even! i weigh 178 right now :sad: but i hope to be around 150 for my friend Christina's wedding in May. I could use all the help i can get!
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

I'm 5' tall, I agree with the rest of you that gaining 5 pounds is noticable on people as short as we are, and we look heavier at smaller weights, which makes sense! That doesn't mean it's not frustrating!

My goal is 110, but a muscular 110. If I have to be 115 and be muscular, I'm cool with that. I started out at 150 in August, got down to 135 and joined MFP, and am now 126 according to my last weigh-in a couple of weeks ago. I know my body, though, and I know weight loss is going to stall out at 120. My body likes it there, but I don't like to weigh 120. I want my "heavy" to be 115.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Kan319,

You can do it. I am 4 ft 6 in and started out at 170 just over a year ago. I have since lost 45 lbs and 40 inches all over. So it can be done. If you want, add me as a friend and then check out my blog which has hints, tips and tricks as well as recipes.
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    5"1 here!! My heaviest was 143 EEKK! and I reached my first goal of 125 (actually 124.6) I am thinking I would like to go down to 120 and be more toned then I am now!! Everyone seems to notice a couple lb gain but not many have noticed I have lost almost 20 lbs =/
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 10 1/2". My starting weight was 170's and I'm now in the 130's. I've been on a plateau for 6 months, mostly because I quit smoking. My goal is 117ish. But I'm okay with where I'm at now as it doesn't seem likely to change. Just trying not to obsess over the fact that at my height, 130's is still overweight. I don't think I look it though, and that's what matters.
  • Ilangilang
    Ilangilang Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"11 and I started at 190 lbs, I'm 174 lbs now. Hoping to get down at 110 - 120 lbs.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    5'0 woot woot :D
    I'm not exactly too worried about my weight as I am my body fat.
    At 120 pounds I had a body fat of 30%!
    I'm now at 105 and I have no idea what my body fat is, but I'm working at trimming a little more as well as toning :)
    Best wishes to my fellow shorties, xoxo
  • shanalivee
    Options
    hello!

I am 4'11 and 150lbs. ahhh i was 140 and gained 10 pounds after one year of marriage!! Ahh and I know people say it is love weight but no one loves the extra 10 pounds! i want to get down to 120 but am having a difficult time staying motivated because it does take longer to drop weight when you are shorter!!! our calories are sooo restricted and i live in a tourist town so it is tough to stay on a schedule with my food and work outs!

ADD ME! lol i need motivation and us shorties need support too!!
    :)
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am 4 ft 9 in and weigh in at 229 lbs. There are some pros and cons to being short and amazing individuals. I love being short...I just at times I wish I was at least 5 ft (lol). People ask me a lot what do I want to get down to but really dont know how to answer the question. Because according to the height weight chart I suppose to be between 89 lbs and 110 lbs. And aint no way I am getting that small. Personally I dont want to be that small. I want to be a healthy thick curvy woman. I am that now but just not as healthy and in shape like I would like. So once I get down to 170 lbs I will assess my health and my fitness level to decide if I should lose more or maintain. Good luck to everyone on their weightloss journey! It is a long road ahead of us but we will get there with focus, determination and dedication. Feel free to add me !
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I started at 4' 10" and 145lb and am now nearly 4' 11" and 119lb (Bizzarely I've been was wrong about my height all these years, my doctor measured me during a medical and it seems that I must have grown 3/4" sometime back in my late teens!

Do lLook on the plus side, yes it takes longer to lose the weight, this is not a short term thing - but the GREAT news is that 1lb lost on us looks like 2-3lb lost on taller people. I remember a thread by a 180lb women who was 5' 8"; she'd lost 10lb but was incredibly discouraged because she couldn't see any difference.

That would never happen to us, you can almost see every pound disappear. :smile:
  • NiniB30
    NiniB30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Don't feel bad little sister...I'm 5'1" and my big sister is 5' and I have a really little siter and she's 4'8"...lol...but I also have a sister who's 5'9" wowsers...

We all hate being short. My little sister is technically a midget.
  • dwgs_wifey
    dwgs_wifey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this is so me! I'm 4' 10" (last time I checked) and weigh 186. I have never been this big but I have spent the last 5 years pumping myself full of fertility drugs. I'd like to get down to 119 or lower, it's not easy.
  • MarilynGrube
    MarilynGrube Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    HI!!!!!! I'm 4'11..and a half lol... Need support from ladies who are FUN SIZE like me!!! :happy:
  • MarilynGrube
    MarilynGrube Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ANYONE AND EVERYONE ADD ME!!! Could REALLY use the support!!!