GETTING EASIER EACH WORKOUT

Options
I am feeling so proud of myself and My wife , we have been on a life changing lifestyle as of January 1st and ive lost 15 lbs so far and my wife has lost 3 lbs , she actually just started the treadmilllast week. I am finding it getting easier each day , today and yesterday I was able to walk 45 minutes on 3.0 and today my wife did the same .I know this is a small feat for some , but to me it is the start of a new life and I couldnt be more excited . It has been yrs since I havent ate at Mcdonalds for a month and the first month is almost gone So Bye Bye Mcdonalds . Now we have chosen to have a couple days a month to go to chinese , since we mostly eat veggies and chicken anyhow . That should be ok dont you think? Anyhow I am just thankful to God that I have lasted a month and I hope all yall are having success and God bless you..:happy:

Replies

• bigjug1967
    Options
    I am feeling so proud of myself and My wife , we have been on a life changing lifestyle as of January 1st and ive lost 15 lbs so far and my wife has lost 3 lbs , she actually just started the treadmilllast week. I am finding it getting easier each day , today and yesterday I was able to walk 45 minutes on 3.0 and today my wife did the same .I know this is a small feat for some , but to me it is the start of a new life and I couldnt be more excited . It has been yrs since I havent ate at Mcdonalds for a month and the first month is almost gone So Bye Bye Mcdonalds . Now we have chosen to have a couple days a month to go to chinese , since we mostly eat veggies and chicken anyhow . That should be ok dont you think? Anyhow I am just thankful to God that I have lasted a month and I hope all yall are having success and God bless you..:happy:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Good stuff, keep up the good work! CONGRATS!:drinker:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I also found it easier to walk longer/faster after two weeks, and continue to push myself to keep it up. I think it will be okay to go out a coupe days a month for that chinese - you deserve it! congrats. I weigh myself tomorrow and hope to have lost more weight.
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats keep up the good work...:smile:
  • dmm822
    dmm822 Posts: 12
    Options
    Way to GO!!!!!
  • sunsign79
    Options
    GEAT JOB!! STICK WITH IT! Strange how it feels so good huh? I would steer clear of the chinese. I have read alot of recent things about chinese food about how it was alywas presumed healthy but what they cook all of the veggies and stuff in is not good. Not to mention the MSG. I have been on a very strict healthy, bland veggies/soup/some chicken diet for about two months and my hubby and I decided to go have chinese a few week ago thinking the same thing as you and OMG! I GOT SO SICK!! If you need to go out to dinner, I would suggest seafood. Like if you have a Newport Bay or McGraths? They have alot of healthy steamed fish and veggies and other things on the menu that I have found to digest well. Trust me, If there is anything bad in it, my stomach will know. It's a ticking time bomb thse days. Best of luck to you!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

It does get easier and easier.

Great job breaking the McD's addiction. I used to (no exaggeration) go two and three times A DAY! God only knows the damage I did.

:flowerforyou:
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    great job man i my self eat chinese once a week every monday and ive been going to the gym now for one year and i have lost 80lbs and i started out just like you hard to walk for 30 min, at 2.0 tonight i ran my first mile at 5.0 mph so it does get easer so keep it up and here;s to good health.:bigsmile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! Keep up the good work. And have that chinese. When I was dong Weight Watchers I would have chinese once a week and still managed to lose 40lbs. I ate chicken broccoli, steamed rice and egg drop soup, no eggroll or fried rangoon. You can do it. Just be sensible. Don't go to a place that serves huge portions or put half of it in a box right away.

I am so proud of both of you!!!!:drinker:

Charlaine
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Soon you will even start to really like exercise. Sounds crazy, I know.

The bigest thing to be careful of is the sodium in commercial Chinese food. It can sometimes be more than your daily allowance in one meal!!! I am on a restricted sodium diet so I havn't been able to go to my favorite buffet in forever. :frown: If you eat there only once in a while, limit your salt intake for the rest of the day, and make sure you drink plenty of water you'll be fine. Eat it on your free day.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I skipped my walk yesterday but after reading your post I am going to make sure it happens today. Thanks you said just what I needed to hear this morning. Have a blessed day!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    That's an excellent feat -- it's amazing what we get addicted to in life. You're going to find the exercising can be addicting too so don't push yourself to far and too hard or you may get burned out and stop for awhile and then find it harder to get back into the routine. Keep the pace steady and only increase your levels of performance a little every week.

Great job!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Great job on the walking! You walked over 2 miles!

I think that Chinese a couple of times a month sounds fine. For me, it's about moderation. If I can't have the things that I like, even occasionally, I am not going to last on this "plan." If I know that I can have them sometimes, I can stick it out with my chicken and veggies for the rest of the time. Keep it up. Tell your wife, too!!!! It's so unfair that men lose so much more quickly, but she's doing well, too! :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    big you are awesome! You are doing great and keeping me motivated at the same time! Hey, 3.0 on the dreadmill...everyone has to start somewhere, no shame in getting up and moving! Tell your wife we are proud of her too! :happy:

oh and 15 lbs already gone :noway: that is really incredible!

keep going strong. :wink:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hey there Bigjug,
    The results you and your wife are getting are great!!! Congratulations!!

Congrats on not going to McD's too, like any habit, it's hard to break, but you can do it. I haven't been to a McD for about 5 years, as a matter of fact, I haven't been to a fast food joint for about 5 years. Once you get use to preparing the foods that are good for you and being prepared everything will fall into place.

As for the Chinese food, go for it. Reward yourself once in a while. But I have found that if I order Chinese and specifically ask for no MSG, the taste is the same and the sodium is much lower. There's still sodium in it from the soy sauce and all the other sauces, but they won't put additional MSG in it, which is a flavor enhancer that most of them use. Also, I found a local Chinese place in my town that will serve brown rice instead of white rice if you ask. So call your local Chinese places and ask if they serve brown rice. Or sometimes I have Chinese take out and bring it home, I will have the take out without rice and have brown rice at home.

Good luck and congrats on the results.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep working hard :happy:

:heart: Kels