Help? I need advice

Options
how can I keep myself motivated? I always find myself getting down
About my weight gain.

Replies

• CMXL
    CMXL Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What about your weight loss? Focus on that to motivate yourself:)

Regardless of your weight loss plans, if your current profile picture is really you, you look awesome. I would kill (not you) for that:)
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thank you. That was when I was about 20lbs lighter
    Though. Trying to get back to that size ..
    (:
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I try to use many things to gauge my success. I ran further/longer/faster, lifted more weight or more reps than last time. I see muscles I never knew I had before, my clothes are looking better, I feel stronger, I'm being healthier, and the scale is just another tool. None of these define my efforts but they are little extras I get to celebrate.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^nice
  • NicolaNash
    Options
    can you set yourself little weight loss targets (focussing on small targets rather than the end goal) and set yourself little rewards/prizes for if you hit them - have a positive to look forward to. The weight gain is the past and is done, you need to look forwards. Just think if you spilt a glass of red wine over your top you wouldn't just go oh well its ruined now, lets ruin it completely and poor the whole bottle oh it, no you would try and recitfy the situation and wash it. Thats what you need to do here.............
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    can you set yourself little weight loss targets (focussing on small targets rather than the end goal) and set yourself little rewards/prizes for if you hit them - have a positive to look forward to. The weight gain is the past and is done, you need to look forwards. Just think if you spilt a glass of red wine over your top you wouldn't just go oh well its ruined now, lets ruin it completely and poor the whole bottle oh it, no you would try and recitfy the situation and wash it. Thats what you need to do here.............

Absolutely love your post! Thanks
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Also, it may help to actually NOT weigh yourself.. Stopped weighing myself at the beginning of February because I was getting so down on myself. I have been keeping my measurements and have dropped 3 inches all over in 15 days. That's enough motivation for me to keep going. Hope this helps! :)
  • textlikekisses
    Options
    change doesn't happen quickly - it usually takes time, patience, and giving yourself little goals. When you reach little goals, give yourself a reward - and enjoy your little successes! :)