Just quit smoking 2 packs of cigs 32 days ago! Weight comin

Options

Replies

• TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !!!!!!! keep up the good work.
  • cspark1982
    Options
    Fantastic job :)
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    First of all CONGRATULATIONS!
    I have struggled for years with smoking and quit last summer. (Except for a few cigs when I go our drinking and dancing :embarassed: )
    I know how hard it is and wanted you to know that if you stay way (from smokes) it will get easier. I feel SOOOO much better without cigs and have replaced my smoking addiction with exercise and running. Running was really hard in the begining and has gotten a lot easier on my lungs now.
    Do this for YOUR health and happiness. Surround yourself with pictures of how bad it is to smoke. Whatever it takes to stay away. For me, I had to change the people I hang around with. Smoking is such a "social" activity for me.
    Stick with the exercise and reap the benefits!
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    CONGRATZ!!!

i'm on day 118 myself, and yes the weight is coming, it is what it is.. BUT would you rather have cancer or deal with a few extra pounds? good thing is you're already here so keep working on it and my advice is just be VERY aware of your cals that your taking in and don't beat yourself up too bad if you bust your limit once or twice, it's SO MUCH BETTER THAN SMOKING AGAIN!!!

oh and this website is very good for support too

http://www.quitnet.com/qnhomepage.aspx

eventually, you won't even miss it.. I went from being winded climbing stairs to running 20miles a week now.. I've dropped about 40lbs so far and have more to go (was about 75 over) in just 118 short days... it will happen just stick with it.. and NOT ONE MORE PUFF EVER!
  • smj8380
    Options
    Congrats!! I quit smoking Feb 1st and it's getting easier every day. Evening is my tough time but I've been trying to stay busy, I usually try to start a cleaning project. Keep up the good work!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I saw "quit smoking" and had to stop in to say congratulations on becoming a non-smoker! :flowerforyou:
  • mybestmenow
    Options
    Congratultions. I also quit 2 years ago.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! When i quit i would pretty much down a water when i had a craving. It helped and i was definitely more hydrated than i was before.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    im going to stop smoking after i reach my weightloss goal this may not make sense to many but for me i know its that best ,taking one step at a time and not doing everything at once...
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! That's a HUGE accomplishment!!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Huge accomplishment - I know because I am just shy of two months myself...I also took the patch and it really does help :) Cheers to our new smoke free lungs!!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Don't give up...you can do this. What worked for me was keeping my mind busy...I did crossword puzzles every single time I craved a cig. Seriously, I think that is how I was able to quit...just getting my mind on something else!!

The weight will come if you let it, but it is easier to get rid of that than it is the smokes....so you got this!!

I just passed the 5 year mark.....tremendous difference in my life!
  • lb4lb
    lb4lb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My Quit

My Stats:
    Your Quit Date is: 10/10/2006 5:45:00 PM

Time Smoke-Free: 1965 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 17 seconds
    Is this still your
    Med Plan? Yes No

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 58973

Lifetime Saved: 15 months, 11 hours

Money Saved: $14,745.00

Congrats to all for not smoking, I'm on day 1965, used Quitnet.com and cold turkey...........The site helped me so much, if you need support just log on.
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations! I know how hard it is to quit smoking, never mind quitting smoking and trying to lose weight.

I quit 2 weeks ago using the patch. I'm also using the 2mg Nicorette lozenges.

Keep up the great work.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    congratz to many here I see are in order...

since we're sharing

Your Quit Date is: 10/31/2011 4:00:00 PM

Time Smoke-Free: 118 days, 22 hours, 38 minutes and 13 seconds
    Is this still your
    Med Plan? Yes No

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 2379

Lifetime Saved: 18 days, 4 hours

Money Saved: $570.01
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do this, extremely excited about the quitting smoking! Great job!

You do not have to gain weight, you can fight it, and you are in the right place, I have been on this site for about a month now? This is an amazingly wonderful community, so supportive and very, very helpful.

I started my weight loss journey first, I don't know how many months before, but I smoked my last two puffs of a brand new cigarette at 7:30 am September 29th 2011, I had just bought the pack, minutes before, got two puffs and said I don't want that, I actually did cold turkey, I don't know how, but I did.

During this I have not gained a single ounce back and I am still going strong, I just weighed myself this morning and just dropped a few ounces under my initial goal, but reset it to 15 more to come off. I can now say I have lost 70 lbs.

You can do this and congratulations on doing so much to improve and extend your life, and really save a TON of money!
  • LadyFluff
    Options
    I am 53 years old. Have smoked for most of my adult life. Now on day 32 of no cigs! Using the patch--works great. Joined a fitness club. Zumba is killing me!

This is awsome news keep up the good work, your lungs have already began the repair process. After your first week with no cigarettes all the of the nicotine was out of your body!!!!! I quit smoking cold turkey 2 years and 2 months ago and it was the best move I ever made! Stay strong!
  • princesscookiepops
    Options
    Awesome !!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I smoked for 25 years and now I am 1 year and 5 days cigarette free. I look back and wonder why I waited so long to quit, everything is so much better now that I do not smoke.

I could not stop eating until I started taking bee pollen to curb my appetite. It worked. I took 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, a few minutes before I ate, on an empty stomach.
  • mon696
    mon696 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I quit 5 years ago and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself (and my wallet)