Spice Up Popcorn....MMMM GOOD

Options
artist22
artist22 Posts: 14
make pocorn with a smart balance oil, slice up jalopenos into the oil, stir just a bit to cook a little, then added popcorn, let it pop away with the spicey partner.
As your eating the popcorn sometimes it's just plain ol popcorn flavor and then next bite may spicey. Take out seeds if you want less heat.
When I eat spicey popcorn I eat it a bit slower and then have leftovers. I hope you enjoy.
I made it once and got a spiceier then average batch. The peppers are never consistant with the heat.
If you just want the hint of spice take out the jaleponeo's after you've infused the oil buy the light cooking of the pepper.
I have a friend that makes it with habonaros, small orange and hottest pepper :devil: . That was a 10 alarm fire, too much for me.

For such a simple recipe I make it a bit wordy, sorry.

Let me know if you like it our have other popcorn recipes.

Replies

• artist22
    artist22 Posts: 14
    Options
    make pocorn with a smart balance oil, slice up jalopenos into the oil, stir just a bit to cook a little, then added popcorn, let it pop away with the spicey partner.
    As your eating the popcorn sometimes it's just plain ol popcorn flavor and then next bite may spicey. Take out seeds if you want less heat.
    When I eat spicey popcorn I eat it a bit slower and then have leftovers. I hope you enjoy.
    I made it once and got a spiceier then average batch. The peppers are never consistant with the heat.
    If you just want the hint of spice take out the jaleponeo's after you've infused the oil buy the light cooking of the pepper.
    I have a friend that makes it with habonaros, small orange and hottest pepper :devil: . That was a 10 alarm fire, too much for me.

For such a simple recipe I make it a bit wordy, sorry.

Let me know if you like it our have other popcorn recipes.
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Sounds delicious! :love: I love spicy foods... may just have to try this one!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I'd like the pepper or not but I'm willing to try it for a different flavor....thanks for the idea!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Love the idea! Will try it! What about Chipotles? I'm having a little obsession with them right now...
    :smile: