fat sick and nearly dead - documentary

Options
just watched this after hearing it mentioned on the forums...

what an incredible documentary

has anyone else seen it?

Replies

• bstoetzer
    Options
    Watched it a few weeks ago...not sure if I could do it for that long.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I watched it a few months ago. Already owned a juicer, but upgraded to the Breville Juice Fountain Elite.

I've been having Mean Green Juice for the last couple of days (as a snack with my healthy diet - I'm not on an all juice diet) - it's delicious!!! Makes me feel great. It's a glass of fresh.

But of course, I loved juicing before I saw the movie.

Now that I have the Breville, I may try a juice fast/detox after pregnancy some day... maybe.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Oh and if you enjoy documentaries check out "Killer at Large".
  • Petersbrandy
    Petersbrandy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I watched it in September, and did a 2 week juice fast almost immediately after. I lost 12 pounds, but the best part was that it really was a jumpstart to my healthy eating plan. Maybe TMI, but my periods have been regular since then (I'm 34, and this has NEVER been the case). A doctor in the movie said something to the effect that if a juice fast can change your cravings and taste for veggies, then it's done it's job. I know it's certainly a controversial move to make it long term, but that short period of time really did change things for me. I still occasionally juice a meal, and I think all those nutrients have kept me well this winter. Every time I feel a cold coming on, I make a juice with some kind of leafy green, a fruit and lots of ginger, and have it with (or for) breakfast for a few days. Perks me right up! I didn't want to do it long term for the weight loss effect, just as a short cleanse to help me with cravings. It worked!